This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Exams during flare up?
      To me it reads like your in line for an increase, however, I am not a rater and it is purely JMO. I started with 0 on both knees and appealed to get to 10% bilateral, I am still in appeals to go for a 20% on the right knee because of the laxity and crepitus of that joint.  I am going for this rating because I have an independent medical opinion to substantiate such rating.  Without an objective medical examination it will be difficult to go much higher.  Read the ratings criteria in the eCFRs under the knee joint and you will have a clearer picture of what is needed.  I stress you must have the medical evidence to warrant the higher rating.
    • Should I file a claim now or wait?
      I LIKE PETES992 STATEMENT..........
    • BVA Hearing
      Good luck...........
    • RETIRED? NOW I AM DISABLED?
      THANKS................................ The basis for this discussion is prior to the 2004 effective law; military individuals would purposefully find ways to make sure (under their command) injured or otherwise to receive no VA compensation when they got out because in their eyes, at that time, you would get out and would receive more than them (and I am talking the Senior NCO's and Officers here at retirement), and did everything in their power to make sure treatment wasn't provided, etc. because of the jealousy factor $$$$ get people wrongfully off Medical Boards etc. it was an epidemic. Now, since that has changed (the law) the military care and recordings has improved dramatically since this jealousy factory had been about solvent. Now, anyone who was in prior to 2004 would share to comment about how these veterans were treated prior to such effective law because of the jealousy factor. I think the commentators so far have took this the wrong way. When I got out, I had shrapnel from a round in my back, a busted spine, partial paralysis, PTSD, hearing loss and headaches from explosions/IEDs.......and a bunch of other stuff prior to the 04' law/ OEF. I am trying to relate to others who got banged up, even while in training, and got screwed by your command because they in their eyes only saw you getting compensated, not your injuries (and did not treat you because of this properly).   So, shouldn't veterans be able to prove that they deserve full retirement from the military plus VA compensation too. Not just the other way around. In my case, shouldn't it be streamlined where I can show, hey I have all the documents conditions right after I got out and had bunch of surgeries, etc. and my command where a bunch of jerks who got off on screwing peoples lives over and look here is the proof.      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have also revised this in the original post to clear up any confusion. 
    • New guy here!
      I wish for everyone to have a safe and peaceful memorial day :-)
    • Should I file a claim now or wait?
      Depending on this more evidence, VA can use it to grant your service connection but it can also be used as the correct effective date if this evidence was not in your records at the time of the original denial. 
    • Exams during flare up?
      Okay, I'm reviewing my C&P exam now. Noted is a significant loss of motion. Here are my results. This was done during a "flare up" apparently. Even though I have had this "flare up" for 3 weeks. My previous initial C&P exam 3 years ago noted loss of motion ass well this time however is much worse. Im not sure if this should be noted as a flare up or the worsening of the cartilage decay in my knee cap. Left Knee --------- [ ] All normal [X] Abnormal or outside of normal range [ ] Unable to test (please explain) [ ] Not indicated (please explain) Flexion (0 to 140): 40 to 55 degrees Extension (140 to 0): 55 to 40 degrees If abnormal, does the range of motion itself contribute to functional loss? [X] Yes (please explain) [ ] No If yes, please explain: sigificanly reduced ROM would impede kneeling/squatting. Description of pain (select best response): Pain noted on exam and causes functional loss If noted on exam, which ROM exhibited pain (select all that apply)? Flexion, Extension Is there evidence of pain with weight bearing? [X] Yes [ ] No Is there objective evidence of localized tenderness or pain on palpation of the joint or associated soft tissue? [X] Yes [ ] No If yes, describe including location, severity and relationship to condition(s): lateral patellar Is there objective evidence of crepitus? [ ] Yes [X] No b. Observed repetitive use
    • BVA Hearing
      You change the info in your profile settings.   Top r/corner open profile, then edit profile, and scroll down to SC info.
    • Exams during flare up?
      Yes that is a possibility, there is no sense worrying about it though.  The foremost concern is getting the injury service connected, once that is done then you can appeal the rest that you may be entitled to with medical evidence,IME/IMO, ect.... This sounds cold, however, no sense worrying about it until you receive the decision, from there you can decide which avenue you will pursue as well what attack to utilize.
    • Sexsomnia
      Your profile indicates that your 100% SC? If your 100SC, an IU Claim would be "Moot." Could you list your SC's & ?%, would help? Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jason

Md - Maryland Veterans Benefits

9 posts in this topic

The correct web site addy is www.mdva.state.md.us/

good catch i got it corrected thanks!

The correct web site addy is www.mdva.state.md.us/

There is also a great program in Maryland that helps Vets get tools and other things when starting a trade. I benefited from this myself. I got not only all my tools to start as an Electrician Apprentice, but I got Gas money until my first paycheck, and my first year Union Dues paid in full.

I live in Montgomery County, but I can point anyone in the right direction if you are interested in this program. Bsically it is a non profit that is contracted through the state. This helps alot because they have less redtape and can get you the services you need fast.

Hello my Veteran Friend. Please tell me who I need to contact about this program. I'm in MD DAV#17 in PG county,Clinton,Md area. I would like to inform my DAV members about this program. Thanks you,Maurice

Something for our brother and sister Veterans in the DC Metro area:

Those with VA disability ratings of 60% or greater can get a significant discount for riding on the Metro rail and bus system.

The discount is half of the regular fare for Metrorail.

Bus fare is $0.65 (instead of between $1.35 and $3.20, depending on type of payment and type of bus).

Seniors don't need to bother applying, as the senior and disabled rates are the same.

Metro Reduced Fare Application

You'll receive a free photo ID card that you will present when buying a disability SmartTrip farecard or when paying cash for bus fare.

Extra benefit: The disability photo ID can be used with Amtrak as "written documentation of disability" to get discounts for train travel (15% discount).

Amtrak info

Hope someone finds this of use!

Bill

Thanks for the info

Just renewed my plates in Maryland. If you have a 100% P&T letter with you, you can select anyplate and it is gratis (free) and they told me I get the discount on both of my vehicles. I did not have to get the handicapped or DAV plate, got a Chesapeake Bay Plate and the hanging tag for your mirror.