VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tn - Tennessee Veterans Benefits

State of Tennessee Department of Veterans Benefits

State Veterans Cemeteries Click for Burial Eligibility

State Veterans Homes

Free license plates for 100% service connected disabled veterans, Ex-POW's, and recipients of MOH, DSC, NC or AFC

Property tax relief for combat related 100% totally disabled veterans and/or their surviving spouses. For additional information, go to: www.comptroller.state.tn.us/pa/patxrvet.htm

Free hunting and fishing licenses for Veterans with 30% or more war service connected disabilities, after an initial one time fee of $10.

Parking privileges for free license plate holders

Veterans preference in State employment

Credit for military service in State employment

Motor vehicle privilege tax exemption for 100% disabled veterans

Special/Memorial license plates for certain veterans

Reemployment rights of public employees

Registration of discharges by county registrar at no fee

Pasted from <http://www.state.tn.us/veteran/benefitsstate.html>

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Info concerning Tipton County Tennessee car tags. :) ( Memphis is in Shelby County and Tipton county is just north of Memphis).

If you live in Tipton County and you are a Purple Heart recipient, you are eligible for free car tags. You can only get two tags. It is a shame that Shelby county doesn't do the same! I live in Tipton County and I just got mine a few days ago.

• HadIt.com Elder
New Info concerning Tipton County Tennessee car tags. :) ( Memphis is in Shelby County and Tipton county is just north of Memphis).

If you live in Tipton County and you are a Purple Heart recipient, you are eligible for free car tags. You can only get two tags. It is a shame that Shelby county doesn't do the same! I live in Tipton County and I just got mine a few days ago.

License plate policy is administered by the state. The county only collects the fees and issues the tags. Anyone in the state can get free tags if the have the PH. Also for 100% disabled, MOH, DSC/NC/AFC.

Here is the military plates and criteria.

Take advantage of the permanent restricted sport license (fishing & hunting) if you are 30% or more, also. It only costs $10 for life and you usually receive them within a few days of mailing the check to Nashville. You also will not longer have to purchase a trout stamp ($18/yr) or any additional stamps for deer season.

• 1 year later...

The tax relief is not just for combat related 100%, it is for all 100% SC diasabled veterans. I am 100% but not combat related, and the state approved my relief for my residence.