VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Use Dr. Bash Imo / Ime?

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

1. Has anybody used Dr. Bash or his associate for an IMO / IME? He advertises at vawatchdog.org and says he prevails 80-90% of the time at BVA. If so, were you happy with his service?

2. How do you circumvent the four letter restriction on the hadit search engine? So much of what we do with the VA uses an acronym that this restriction makes it difficult to look stuff up. For instance, "Dr Bash IMO IME" netted me nothing more than an error message that one or more of my words had four or less letters in them. Even if I spelled out doctor and independent medical opinion I still don't know how to get Bash as an additional search critera. Plus, how many of us write out independent medical opinion in the subject line? ARRRGGGG! There's gotta be a way around this that I just haven't figured out. Please share the secret with me.

Thanks,

ts

On February 6, 2008 at 5:14 PM, USACID said:

I have most recently used Dr. Bash hiring him on January 4, 2008. I received his 10 page IMO yesterday. His strongly worded opinion says that the injuries/illnesses are/is connected to military service and he points to SMR's and also provides secondary conditions for other illnesses, that are not reflected in SMR's. He discussed recent medical literature which identified new reasons for certain diagnosis which I never knew existed. He does not say "more likely than not". He says "they are the result of this, that and the other". The IME along with the packet is off to VARO tomorrow so we will see what happens. I am surprised at how strong the IME is but he makes it clear as to the causes of the illnesses, etc. The cost was $4,000.00 Its not cheap, but to quote Berta, "it may very well be a good investment". I will let you know what happens.

My offer was 10000 I'm already at 90 just for 10%. I know it's worth it but I don't really have anyway to pay that at my current situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are some hadit members that have used Dr Bash  and highly recommend his services.

Not meaning to disappoint you but

I hope your not confused as for as how VA uses the rating system?

A 90% rating and a 10% rating added to that   will not boost you to 100%  that would only boost your 90% rating to 91%combined and you will still be at 90% as a combined rating.

if your at 90% current  you need a separate rating of 50% or greater to reach the 100%

Dr Bash can help you get there if you have the service contentions..that will be 50% or add up to it.

1 hour ago, jfrei said:

My offer was 10000 I'm already at 90 just for 10%. I know it's worth it but I don't really have anyway to pay that at my current situation.

If the goal is to reach a 100% schedular rating from a current 90% rating, you'd actually need another 50% to get you to 95% (not 10%), which would then be rounded up to 100% schedular (not TDIU).  Yes, a $10,000 invoice payable up front is a very steep hurdle to clear.  

I know I also have a increase for headaches and on my TBI review in the prep for a decision with my claim flagged for hardship. I was told by office of case management I would hear something by Wednesday. My headache are at 0 so I'll get something from that having my headaches occurring daily being prescribed pain killers an trips to the ER I hope is better the. 0.

1 hour ago, lotzaspotz said:

If the goal is to reach a 100% schedular rating from a current 90% rating, you'd actually need another 50% to get you to 95% (not 10%), which would then be rounded up to 100% schedular (not TDIU).  Yes, a $10,000 invoice payable up front is a very steep hurdle to clear.  

It's even steeper with a 3 year old and another baby on the way.

when you talk to Dr. Bash I would expect among other things he'll give you the cost for his services as well as the long term financial gain if successful. Not to be unexpected as that should be part of his review of the particulars of your situation and likelihood of success.

Question to ask is if result is not getting you to 100% (95%+) what is cost to continue.

Your decision when cost considered against probability of success. I used him to get to 94.7 and then a second time to get over that magic 95% number.

With my results no way I can say unhappy with him.  Any downside is for a period it seemed he was over loaded and then prioritized some individuals based on time constraints to file.  Result was putting others on hold which appears to not have gone over well. Believe he has it under control now.