VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Use Dr. Bash Imo / Ime?

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

1. Has anybody used Dr. Bash or his associate for an IMO / IME? He advertises at vawatchdog.org and says he prevails 80-90% of the time at BVA. If so, were you happy with his service?

2. How do you circumvent the four letter restriction on the hadit search engine? So much of what we do with the VA uses an acronym that this restriction makes it difficult to look stuff up. For instance, "Dr Bash IMO IME" netted me nothing more than an error message that one or more of my words had four or less letters in them. Even if I spelled out doctor and independent medical opinion I still don't know how to get Bash as an additional search critera. Plus, how many of us write out independent medical opinion in the subject line? ARRRGGGG! There's gotta be a way around this that I just haven't figured out. Please share the secret with me.

Thanks,

ts

• HadIt.com Elder

>Why didn't Dr. Bash state the specific SMR entries that he based his opinion on? In my IMO from Bash he quoted my SMR's by dr., diagnosis and date.

Hello rdawg,

In my IMO from Bash he quoted my SMR's by dr., diagnosis and date?

Thats how he's handled all of mine. Dr Bash is not only a board certified MD, he's also a court certified MD.

He was very specific in his IMO & as to what eveidence to send in with it to substantiate his opinion. I not only faxed it to the raters, a copy was also submitted by the PVA.

In my opinion, the AMC simply could not think of any factual bases to deny.

>It looks to me like you have an inservice occurrance of a cervical strain which should service connect your cervical ddd but not lumbar or thoracic.

Do you have SMR entries of lumbar or thoracic injuries?

Did you have any injuries or MVAs since service

I can reinjur myself by getting out of bed the wrong way.

Seems like a "blunt Chest Trauma" on a 19 year old body, along with occupational exposures to high levels of toxins like vanadium pentoxide, manganese, lead paints and fuels can cause much of the DDD, DJD, fibromyalgia, TBI, chronic fatigue, tendenitis, carple tunel, bone pain, muscle pain, neurological pain, headaches and the list goes on.

I don't believe a drunk driver is the only cause of my spinal issues.

Niether does Dr Bash or medical science. I have a large spinal mass the VA Dr's have mistaken for an aortic anurysim in the thoracic. Blunt Chest Trauma? Occupational exposure in Boiler rooms, fuels?

A vet needs to go to someone that really knows spinal & neurological disorders & their causes.

That's why I went to Dr Bash.

There are no valid reasons to refuse any of the IMO's i've recieved in my opinion.

allen,

in your soc it says "However, he does not state what specific evidence in your claim files was used to substantiate his opinion."

Why didn't Dr. Bash state the specific SMR entries that he based his opinion on? In my IMO from Bash he quoted my SMR's by dr., diagnosis and date.

Also, from your soc "The doctor stated that your multilevel degenerative changes of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines are related to your motor vehicle accident in service. "

It looks to me like you have an inservice occurrance of a cervical strain which should service connect your cervical ddd but not lumbar or thoracic.

Do you have SMR entries of lumbar or thoracic injuries?

Did you have any injuries or MVAs since service

• Founder

use this link http://www.hadit.com/Search to search it will give you better results. under the search box on this page are two radio buttons web and www.hadit.com select www.hadit.com and it will do a nice google search on everything on the site and the forum for what you are looking for.

allen.

you said "There are no valid reasons to refuse any of the IMO's i've recieved in my opinion."

There is something missing in your claim. The VA will not connect the dots like you do. They will make up any excuse to deny if the medical evidence is not there.

In your bio it says "choose one" under disabilty. Are you service connected for anything?

Maybe they think they doctors do what they do - just read the last list on the SOC and state things a little differently to look like they reveiwed the claim.

Most of the decisions I see that discuss Dr. Bash's opinion show that he usually goes into detail about the details. So it would be surprising if he did not.

I would think that the evidence listed in the last SOC would be the evidence that was "relevant" to your claim.

Are they saying that Dr. Bash should have also discussed irrelevant information to prove he viewed your claim file?

But I do have a question on this. I thought if I have a copy of the claim file - I could send THAT to a doctor. Do they require the doctor to get the C-file from the VA? ANd how long does it take them to send C-files to the Doctors?

Free

(1)Entitlement to Service connection.

Medical Opinions from Dr Bash were reviewed and considered. The doctor stated that your multilevel degenerative changes of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines are related to your motor vehicle accident in service. He further stated that he reviewed your VA claims file including military service records, VA examination and treatment records and private treatment records and SSOC dated April-05. However, he does not state what specific evidence in your claim files was used to substantiate his opinion. Further, he does not state where or who he obtained this evidence from as he is a private doctor and not a "VA" doctor.

There is no evidence in your claims file to show you requested a copy of your claims file for submission to the doctor for review.

Reasonable doubt does not apply in this case because the preponderance of the evidence is against you. We gave Dr Gireesan's opinion more weight than Dr Bash's. Dr Gireesan actually viewed your claim file in it's entirety and addressed each piece of medical evidence to substantiate his opinion. Dr Bash's opinion is not supported by credible evidence showing he reviewed your claims file. The only evidence cited by Dr Bash was evidence stated in the April 2005 SSOC.

Denied because there is no medical link to service according to them.

In the end, it does not matter what you submit when it comes to a DVA paycheck or bonus.

Pete,

I respectfully disagree with your contention that I am getting ahead of myself.

Asking for license numbers is SOP when you see a doc face to face and for that matter, asking where a C&P examiner is licensed is suggested in the VBM so it's just good VA claims management to know who you're dealing with.

I am simply responding to VetDr in the same fashion that he contacted me to offer his services - via hadit. If he wants to solicit us on hadit then IMO he should be willing to resond on hadit.

A doctor's license number is public domain information so I'm not sure why you think it would be silly for him to post them (his website states he is licensed in several states). I'm not asking for anything that I shouldn't be able to get on an internet search only I was unable to find him. Again, we'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not it would be silly of him to post what is already public domain information.

If he's legit then my request should not be offensive to him. He should welcome the opportunity to put the info out there to his target market, which is what we are. I doubt very seriously that he will be "run off" since he is able to get free access to his target business market - veteran's filing VA claims who may well need his services.

I did not demand information to him, I simply asked him to provide his license numbers and cv. I stand by those requests.

I am counting on the fact that Tbird is watching this (and others concerning VetDr) thread. I know that she has our best interests at heart and am counting on her wisdom to let these threads ride out until she has enough information one way or the other to make a decision on the matter.

I did not read his original post which was deleted because of the reported crank calls so I have no feel for how the whole thing started. While it is my hope that he is legit and can be helpful to the members of hadit, because of his lack of response to my query, I have not been able to truly see "the cut of his jib" so I am withholding any conclusion until I do.

Pete, I respect the work you do as moderator and am simply trying to do the due diligence in this matter in the same public forum that VetDr used to contact members of hadit.

Also, Free has sent me some information that I haven't had time to look over which may well allay some of my concerns about his license but would still leave lingering the request for his cv. Now, if he gets on board with Dr. Bash then I'm fine with him since Dr. Bash has helped so many vets win their claims.

Thanks,

TS Snave

• HadIt.com Elder

This post has veered off course. The main question was has anyone used Dr Bash for an IMO.

It has turned into a Whose Who, Dr Bash, Dr Barson.

The Bottom line is this. If anyone wants to check out Dr Barsons credentials, do it on your own.

If you want his license numbers since they are public Knowledge, Ask him to send them to you.

I have checked him out and I have found out that he is an Occupational Doctor and he is legitimate.

His designation is not that of a MD. It is a DO. Doctor of osteopathhic medicine. That specializes in muscoskeletal conditions.

I also checked out Dr Bash. He is a Neuro-Radiologist. He is a good Doctor,he reads Xrays. However, If Barson were to issue a counter opinion based on an occupational issue, He would win because of the Occupational designator in his title. An opinion from an Occupational Doctor Trumps most opinions, Also Dr Bash shys away from PTSD illnessed. Dr Barson does not.

Having Both Doctors assisting Veterans is a asset. We should be thankful there are willing doctors available to assist Vets. Hold both of these Docs in High regard.