Jump to content

  • veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

  • Advertisemnt

  • Members

    • caubulldog

      caubulldog 1

      First Class Petty Officer
      Last active:
    • broncovet

      broncovet 3,628

      Last active:
    • SPO

      SPO 5

      Chief Petty Officers
      Last active:
    • dwilli12

      dwilli12 6

      Last active:
    • KansasNavy

      KansasNavy 11

      Second Class Petty Officers
      Last active:
    • flow1972

      flow1972 38

      Financial Contributor
      Last active:
    • BionicVet

      BionicVet 1

      Last active:
    • Johhny_Drama

      Johhny_Drama 5

      Second Class Petty Officers
      Last active:
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
    • Most Online

    Newest Member
  • Ads

  • How to get your questions answered...


    All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.
    2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

    Leading to:

    Post clear questions and then give background info on them.


    • A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.


    Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

    This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.

  • Ad

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • Advertisemnt

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Last week
  2. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), National Cemetery Administration (NCA), is seeking nominations of qualified candidates to be considered for appointment as a member of the Advisory Committee on Cemeteries and Memorials (herein-after in this section referred to as ``the Committee''). View the full article
  3. Past hour
  4. Since you are Retired Military, have you considered contacting DFAS? Defense Finance and Accounting Service > RetiredMilitary > disability > payment (dfas.mil) A retiree may be due funds from DFAS, the VA or from both agencies. DFAS and the VA remain in communication with each other to successfully establish and process CRDP and CRSC accounts. DFAS will audit your account to determine whether or not you are due retroactive payment. An audit of your account requires researching pay information from both DFAS and VA. If DFAS finds that you are also due a retroactive pay
  5. Today
  6. All, so after talking with VSO in Pittsburgh and VSO here on island they recommended I do a supplemental instead of CUE since I had new additional evidence to submit. Doctor put me on more medicine. I submitted a supplemental just like I did last October with the new evidence. However, when I opened my VA.gov account today it had the attached update. It says they are doing an HLR by a Senior Rater. Is this verbiage what they would normally put in for a supplemental claim? I had new evidence and submitted on a 20-0995 form as per VSO. I have had bad luck when asking for an HLR, s
  7. Its a great question, and I noticed others (besides myself) also did not have an answer. Since I dont have an answer (out of my area of expertise), I will instead, guess. First, try sending an IRIS email, with your question. It would at least generate some type of answer. Apparently, you indicated amending your returns will make a difference, but that is unclear to me, since VA income is not taxable and does not show up on our 1040. (My tax accountant told me not to put VA income down, it confuses IRS). But, if you deserve more compensation, at least with VA, you can requ
  8. I retired from the Army active duty in 2013 with 25 years and various combat deployments. I found out that I was 90 percent CRSC and 90 percent from the VA for disability. I got my CRSC letter from HRC and got my letter from DFAS about CRSC in 2018. I am wondering since I have been getting CRDP from the VA can I amend 4 years of my last tax returns if I could have gotten CRSC instead of the CRDP I got from the VA since CRSC would have reduced my taxable income? Thanks for any help!
  9. They didn't, at least not recently. One age is Board expedition, one is regional office expedition. The RO age as been 85 at least 2016. The agree for docket at board expedition didn't change. https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/ws/v11/internal/stream/05067dff-b672-47a3-b3bf-e9c747252c8c
  10. I am thinking the way this NEW AMA Claims System is going is anybody's guess I mean look at the United States of America the state its in Today & where this Great Country is headed is anybody's guess Veterans Are slowly looked at in Congress, we are the ones that helped keep this country free ,but yet the congress people get all the glory and the $$$ Have you ever look at the Salaries these Idiots in congress Gets....its a whopping amount. yet they look down on us Veterans for trying to get our benefit's. (jmo)
  11. Well, the average age of the Vietnam Veteran is 74, so this all makes sense. We have to move the goalpost, Hamslice 85 is the new 75............
  12. Yup, this is something that should be constantly talked about. The VA pulled a fast one with these new forms. Edit: and the kicker is the life expectancy for men in the US is 77.
  13. Since when did the VA change the advancement on the docket age? Advancement on the Docket (AOD) The Board is required by law to review appeals in docket order unless unusual hardship or “other sufficient cause” has been shown to advance a case on the docket. 38 U.S.C. § 7107(a) and 38 C.F.R. § 20.900(c). If applicable, you may submit brief, but complete, reasons to the Board for advancing your case on the docket, which must include supporting documentation to factually demonstrate reasons for advancement. The following are some examples of unusual hardship or other sufficient causes,
  14. The VA needs to have a website: Which form to use when..... (Then there would be software where you put in certain information such as "want to re apply with new evidence" or how to appeal a Higher level review, or maybe add dependents. Currently Vets have to do a search and they may just land on a website where a well meaning vets advocate is giving them dated information, which could be costly to the Veteran, in reference to "which form to use". THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE with AMA, where many procedures and forms changed in Feb. 2019. IMPORTANTLY: The Veteran should know
  15. https://cck-law.com/blog/new-va-forms-replace-statement-in-support-of-claim/
  16. Yesterday
  17. There are 3 age considerations, 50, 55 and 60. My wife never had an exam by SSDI. The Judge offered my wife a deal, that after my wife reached age 55 (in 3-months) and no Medicare for 24 months from that date vs date of claim. We accepted because we had private insurance. But her checks went back to the claim date minus the 6 months, etc. Saved us 12 months of the wait list. At that time, WI was an 18 month wait to see the Judge. Hamslice
  18. Another winner, OPRAH, you get a win, you get a win, you get a win, Hamslice
  19. Np. Good luck. File for tinnitus too if your ears ring or hiss, it's a fixed 10% rating and its requirements are pretty lenient. Make sure you mention it to your audiologist and c&p examiner, and what degree itt affects you with examples of when it's worse or what it makes harder to hear.
  20. You asked what it meant, that's what it means. You could file as aggravation of a prexisting condition if you show with your audiograms in svc that it got worse, or if your MOS was presumed to have a possibility of hearing loss, too.
  21. Thank you brokensoldier244th . This has been the best answer that I ever received
  22. H1 Profile: The H1 profile is often assumed to indicate that a Service member has “normal” hearing, but it really means that the individual has no more than a “mild” hearing loss. In the Army, this means that the audiometer average level for each ear is no more than 25 dB at 0.5, 1, and 2 kHz with no individual level greater than 30 dB, and not over 45 dB at 4 kHz. Note that no restrictions are specified for frequencies above 4 kHz. In general, Service members with H1 hearing profiles are considered to be fully qualified for all military occupations. However, certain occupations, like Air
  23. Marinr23 You need to get hold of your service medical records. You should have had an entry hearing exam and the record would show your hearing at that time. If you had any pre-existing condition, it would show up there. Now you should have had an exit hearing test when you were discharged; I know, sometimes that didn't happen. So, you compare those hearing values to the first readings; if it went down, you have hearing loss. Jn my opiniom, if your hearing on the first reading was bad and therefore showed hearing loss, then you should consider filing for aggrevation of your hearing (loss.) The
  24. If it is dated after the SSA granted your benefit, I would say yes, also do not forget about your most recent medical records.
  25. The easiest way to get travel pay, in my opinion, is just put it in at the Kiosk at your VAMC. Of course, I can not guarantee, this is available at ALL VAMC's, but it is at mine. If you can check into appointments, via this kiosk, you can probably also request travel pay there. I have done this, and a couple weeks later, I get a deposit to my account. However, I have mostly given up on travel pay. I live about 4 miles from my VAMC and there is a shorter, (shorter in distance, but much longer in time driving, because of dozens of traffic lights) so VA pays me the "short d
  1. Load more activity
  • Ads

  • Advertisemnt

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines