• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Ad

• What is HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran ?

The how and why for in the VA process for filing a claim for service connected disability compensation. We combine the Knowledge, Skills, and abilities of Veterans to provide other Veterans the information and support they need dealing with the Veterans Affairs system.

What can I do here ?

Utilize our site and forum to research Veterans Affairs Disability Claims procedures benefits. Search for topics of interest. Join our active discussion forum and post questions to other veterans. All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Register for a free account.

How to get your questions answered.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.
    2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
  • Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• ad-free-subscription-002.png

Federal Register Announcements

Read Only Forum

Veterans Affairs Federal Register Announcements. The Federal Register is where they propose changes, announce meetings and ask for public comment.

76 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Our picks

• Thanks everyone for their answers and advise and yes Ido have a VSO American legion but unfortunately I still have to manage to work and call times are mornings only almost impossible to talk with him.

I am gonna try to get ahold of him tomorrow but u have to call right at 0730 eastern OR call list fills and never get on his list sucks!

The worst thing I’m going through is that I’m stuck in limbo I can’t file on my other things I can’t add nothing I can’t do anything basically my hands are tied, this is complete wearing on me mentally Not to mention I’ve been out of the service since 95 was six service-connected disabilities and then thrown to the wayside as a young adult with no knowledge of how what or when by the VA  now that I’m middle-aged my service-connected disabilities Have gotten so severe that I have multiple secondaries until I came across by chance a VSO in my county that helped me out back in 15 I’d still be at a loss and left at the wayside forgotten about now that I’ve been back in the system And have a 80% rating the VA now is trying to drop two of my ratings because I feel that this DRO rview is going to put me at 100% or really close  in a way to just keep us down and out and causing worse injuries by forcing ourselves to do what we have to as humans to survive in the workforce that you can’t really physically do anymore sucks all the way around! 
    • Need your support - Please buy a mug or a membership
      had to move to a dedicated server this month and our costs have gone up, if you have been thinking about subscribing to an ad free forum or buying a mug now would a very helpful time to do that.

Thank you for your support
      • 15 replies
    • Permanent and Total from cck-law..com
      1:10 What is Permanent and Total Disability?

2:05 Conditions that automatically receive a permanent and total rating (P&T)

2:32 Conditions less likely to receive P&T

4:29 How to find out if your VA rating is permanent

6:03 Is there a VA form to apply for Perm and Total status?

6:39 Viewer Question: If you have permanent and total Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), are you automatically entitled to P&T disability at the VA?

8:03 If you receive Total Disability for Individual Unemployability (TDIU), are you permanent and total?

8:26 The advantages of having Permanent and Total VA Disability Other Protections from VA Rating Reductions

10:26 Stabilized Ratings

11:26 Continuous Ratings

12:57 What to do if VA proposes a rating reduction

16:03 Final Thoughts & Tips

https://cck-law.com/news/newsfaq-friday-permanent-and-total-pt-disability/

• 8 replies
    • Veteran Population by State
      https://hadit.com/veteran-population-by-state/

veterans-statistics-by-state-2018.pdf
      • 0 replies
    • 10 Tips to Help You Keep the Compensation and Pension Exam (C&P exam) in Perspective
      Reprinted here with permission from Veterans Law Blog

I encouraged you to keep the exam in perspective. What is that Perspective? Honestly, it comes down to recognizing that the purpose of the C&P Exam is NOT to convince the doctor that your injury is service connected, but to let him or her conduct their exam and draw their conclusion. In the end, your current disability either is or is not related to military service.  Regardless what the doctor says, what the VA Rater says, the limitations or symptoms either are, or are not, related to your time in service.

A doctor’s opinion can’t change what is or is not.  It’s just another piece in the puzzle of proof. And the C&P Exam is just another piece in that puzzle.  It is not the only piece – but if we view it as such, we often make our claims harder than they have to be.  And we certainly make them more stressful.

#1 Every C&P Exam has 2 Goals.

The first goal is to have the doctor confirm that your injury, disability, or limitations are related to your military service – to prove the Nexus Pillar – and/or to establish the degree you are disabled – the Impairment Pillar. The second goal is to draw out the  “evidentiary gap” in your claim through a C&P exam. The evidentiary gap is the difference between what is IN the record, and how the VA SEES what is in the record. If you are denied service connection, it is almost always because of an evidentiary gap – and rather than throwing a haystack at the RO and then yelling at the VA for not finding the needle – let the Examiner tell you what is missing by reading his/her opinion.

They tell you what is missing by what they focus hardest on. The key is NOT to provide excessive amounts of information in your C&P exam – keep your answers short, and “make” the doctor get into your file to review the evidence. It is THEIR report which shows the evidentiary gap – not your statements in the C&P.  Which brings us to the next tip….

#2: Answer only the questions the doctor asks.

If the doc asks “How are you doing”, and you throw the entire history of your claim at her over the next 15 minutes, what happens? She zones out. She doesn’t hear what you are saying, and may find it hard to care about what you are saying. I get emails every day – some are 8-9 pages of micro-detailed histories of a VA Claim. It’s hard to read them.  It’s hard to understand them.  It’s hard to pick up the phone and call that person because I know I’m going to get more facts that I don’t need. Listen, I’m really good at doing this work, and while there are some real shit-bird doctors out there, there are some really good ones.  They know how to call out the information they need, to get the facts to understand the situation. So just answer the question you are asked – not the question that you want to answer. But when you do answer the question, follow Tip #3

Continue Reading Here
      • 0 replies
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gramps30
    Newest Member
    gramps30

• Ads

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines