• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Ad

• What is HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran ?

The how and why for in the VA process for filing a claim for service connected disability compensation. We combine the Knowledge, Skills, and abilities of Veterans to provide other Veterans the information and support they need dealing with the Veterans Affairs system.

What can I do here ?

Utilize our site and forum to research Veterans Affairs Disability Claims procedures benefits. Search for topics of interest. Join our active discussion forum and post questions to other veterans. All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Register for a free account.

How to get your questions answered.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.
    2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
  • Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

E-Benefits Questions

Please post your E-Benefits questions in this forum.

Explore Questions

There are no popular questions to show right now

1. Ebenefits is Back up

Asked by jfrei,

0 votes
    0 answers
  2. Military Pay?

Asked by allansc2005,

0 votes
    0 answers
  3. 0 votes
    0 answers
  4. Estimated Completion Date

Asked by CS2(SW/AW),

0 votes
    0 answers
  5. New Uploading Standards?

Asked by Ascomdepot68,

0 votes
    0 answers

1,126 questions in this forum

1. 0 votes
    3 answers
  2. DEBT and the 100% P/T Veteran

0 votes
    1 answer
  3. 0 votes
    29 answers
  4. 0 votes
    2 answers
  5. 0 votes
    10 answers
  6. 0 votes
    12 answers
  7. Estimated Completion Date

0 votes
    14 answers
  8. 0 votes
    16 answers
  9. 0 votes
    4 answers
  10. 0 votes
    2 answers
  11. 0 votes
    6 answers
  12. 0 votes
    29 answers
  13. Rated AND Deferred

0 votes
    5 answers
  14. 0 votes
    2 answers
  15. Claims

0 votes
    3 answers
  16. Retroactive Back Pay.

0 votes
    57 answers
  17. 0 votes
    6 answers
  18. Rating Sheet

0 votes
    1 answer
  19. 0 votes
    2 answers
  20. Preparation for Notification

1 vote
    8 answers
  • Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Our picks

• Hello Defenders of freedom!

I have a question pertaining to this denial for headaches. The decision letter is quoted below. 

3. Service connection for headaches.

"We may grant service connection for a disability which began in military service or was caused by some event or experience in service.

Your STRs are negative for any treatment of or diagnosis of headaches. On your post-deployment exam in 2005 you denied any headaches. On separation, you denied any headaches. VA treatment records are negative for any treatment of or diagnosis of headaches. On VA exam, the examiner stated there was no evidence of any residuals of a traumatic brain injury.

We have denied service connection for headaches because the evidence of record fails to show this disability was incurred in or caused by military service."

From my understanding these 3 points must be overturned to successfully win a CUE case:

(1) either the correct facts, as they were known at the time, were not before the adjudicator or the statutory or regulatory provisions in existence at that time were incorrectly applied; 

(2) the error must be undebatable and of the sort which, had it not been made, would have manifestly changed the outcome at the time of the prior determination

and (3) a determination that there was CUE must be based on the record and law that existed at the time of the prior adjudication in question.  

@Berta, or veterans out here who have knowledge/experience, tell me what facts you think would be needed to prove this denial for headaches was an error? 
      • 11 replies
    • In 2014 I put in a claim request for A&A due to housebound and secondary seizures to PTSD.    I request a legacy appeal to move to RAMP and now am in A Higher Level of Review.   It was in the Decision Review Stage in March 2019. It now is back to Gathering evidence.  I had requested  Feb 2019 for the VA to make a determination of the appeal based on all evidence currently in the case fine. It is now end of July 2019.  I just saw the estimated completion date of May 20, 2020 changed to August 2020.  The Modernnization/RAMP said that it would take approximately 120 days  Its now been 5 years since I submitted my claim and part  of that has been in appeal for close to four years.  How can I even tell if my appeal is being worked.  I am 65 years old and know I may have to send my appeal onto BVA, I may be dead before a conclusion is made.  I am also single so have no dependents that could receive back pay.  Is the VA playing me?  I have no representation or VSO
    • My claim went back to gathering of evidence after I had my second c&p exam for tbi initial. My vso the Dav said it was a dbq to differentiate the symptoms of tbi and PTSD as far as social and occupational impairment. I recieved at least as likely as not on all exams, PTSD, both tbi exams. Has anyone experienced this or know what it means? Is this a good sign my claim will be granted ? Thank you.
      • 21 replies
    • VA Claims requires a lot of note taking - What  I use for note taking
      Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.
      • 2 replies
    • Do I have to quit my job?
      Hello everyone. See Below for what I received from VA

A little about me currently. I have a job that is very low stress (work nights no people no stress) very secure because I work in a mountain so im surrounded by granite. I work on computers so it engages my mind and keeps me as active as possible and is my passion. So my question is do I have to quit my job? Thanks!

June 23, 1999 June 30, 2019

VA Benefit InformationSummary of benefit informationYou have one or more service-connected disabilities:Yes         Your combined service-connected evaluation is:100%               You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:Yes           The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:July 01, 2019

major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS

100%

Service Connected

SMC-S1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

SMC-K1

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of major depression disorder, recurrent, severe, post traumatic stress disorder, insomnia disorder and eating disorder, NOS rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of migraine including migraine variants, tinnitus, independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 07/01/2019.

Thanks all!

• 61 replies
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    tcarrington
    Newest Member
    tcarrington

• Ads

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines