• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • The how to's and why for's in the VA process for filing a claim for service connected disability compensation. We combine the Knowledge, Skills, and abilities of Veterans to provide other Veterans the information and support they need dealing with the Veterans Affairs system.

What can I do here?

Utilize our site and forum to research Veterans Affairs Disability Claims procedures benefits. Search for topics of interest. Join our active discussion forum and post questions to other veterans. 

How to get your questions answered.

All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.
    2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
  • Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

VA Claims Read First Pinned Topics

Sign in to follow this  

VA Claims Read First Pinned Topics

35 topics in this forum

• 54 replies
  1. Ad

• 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 42 replies
    • 49 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
  2. Veterans Crisis Line

• 8 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 36 replies
  3. Dsm 5 - Update

• 38 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 47 replies
    • 5 replies
Sign in to follow this  
  • Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Our picks

• So I've been in a basic power chair (Q6 Edge) since 2015. Late 2016 was also fitted for a TiLite TRA manual (also keeping powerchair). 2017 was approved by Tampa VA for clothing allowance for lower. 

Moved to Battle Creek VA late 2017. Since then was issued new basic powerchair (Quickie P222-SE) to replace broken Q6. Still use TiLite also now can lightly ambulate with Forearm crutches.

Use crutches 50%, and both chairs 25% each.

Was approved for 1 clothing allowance this year for forearms crutches for upper.

Was denied 2nd for chair/lower that was awarded last year because Chief Prosthetic states "powerchair takes precedence, you were issued that so you are to use only the powerchair".

Also powerchair has gap between seat and leg mounts where clothes do get caught and tear. Clinician was I'll put it back in but"power chairs dont get clothing allowances", and "any review or appeal will only come back to me"

I was approved for powerchair/custom manual combo clothing allowance last year; How do I word an appeal for the lower clothing allowance this year?

My local DAV rep at the VA has no clue on how to handle this.

• 1 reply
    • Thank you.  I’m not exactly sure of how I will file it.  If it is secondary to TBI, would it be pyramiding?
    • I understand what you are saying. Does it sometimes take awhile to update the VA letters and disabilities info online after it closes.....in my case on a Saturday ? Some on other posts on here says no and some say yes so I'm just curious about the inconsistency regarding that if it is yes and no.
    • I understand what you are saying. Does it sometimes take awhile to update the VA letters and disabilities info online after it closes.....in my case on a Saturday ? Some on other posts on here says no and some say yes so I'm just curious about the inconsistency regarding that if it is yes and no.
    • Disability Calculator: Veterans Compensation Rate Calculator
      Disability Calculator: Veterans Compensation Rate Calculator

10 + 50 = 50 and other VA math mysteries explained.

VA Math It’s Not Your Mother’s Arithmetic “VA Math” is the way that the VA computes combined impairment ratings for multiple conditions in a Veteran’s compensation benefits claim – and it requires that you unlearn real math. When a Veteran has multiple medical conditions that are service connected, and the Veterans Affairs rates each at a different percentage, it would seem that they should just add up your percentages to get to a total body impairment rating. Continue Reading

Use our Ratings Calculator to add your percentages
      • 0 replies
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Vincent
    Newest Member
    Vincent

• Ads

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines