VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flu Shot,

Rate this topic

Guest Jim S.

Flu shots aren't exactly an exact science. In many cases people have developed flu symptoms FROM the flu shots themselves. Plus, Flu shots are far from a guarantee that you will not get the flu.....basically, this years flu shot is for LAST years strain of flu. Flu strain mutate every year and we cannot predict exactly what the flu will mutate into, so we give shots that may or may not protect from the flu AND may cause flu like symptoms.

As for what you experienced - You did not contract the flu in the traditiional sense from your flu shot. A flu vaccine is a dead flu virus that your body adapts to in order to better fight off a live virus. The down side is that your body can react to the dead virus as if it were real (not very likely though) and you can exhibit symptoms like a fever, chills, stuffy nose, coughing, etc even though you do not technically have the virus.

IMO, the shots aren't worth it unlses you have a immune disease, lung disease, or are generally much weaker then the average eprson due to age or some other factor. But different people have different opinions on the subject.

I can tell you this, I had a Civ position in a place where the President or Vice president & I could be "rubbing elbows" near Thurmont Maryland. The order of the day was to line up and get the Immunizations that DOD said you needed or hit the bricks.

I got another whack at our favorite airgun injector, It contained the controversial swine flu vaccine. For 10 years I never got another case of the flu. Thats a fact Jack B)

Arch Sgt USAF

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are exposed to flu and don't have the shot there is a good chance you will get it. You can take vitamins and wash your hands and avoid close contact with strangers. I think that a lot of flu is transmitted on phones used by more than one person.