VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Migraine Sufferers?

Rate this topic

Guest Susan S

I'm right in there with jstacy, for me Torodol is WONDERFUL for my

headaches and also muscle spasms in my neck.

Suggested injection amount is 40mg or 40 something, my primary

(or if necessary) ER docs hit me with 60 and in about 10 minutes I am good. One time I cracked 2 ribs went to the ER, got the Torodol

injection - 5-10 minutes later I was ready to do jumping jacks.

They sometimes offer Demerol but I don't like the side effects and drunk feeling I get from Demerol. Different chemicals work good for different people.

carlie

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

IMO, treating migraine with pain meds alone is the hard way to go. There are preventitive methods for many people. Usually neurologists are better with migraines. I take Topamax, and it has reduced my migraines both in frequency and severety. It's trial and error with different meds. I tried others that didn't work. When my pain is bad NO pain med will help, I hope for a bullet. So preventative is best.

ice helps, i take something called midrin (sp?) and that helps. a shot at the er of immitrix also works for me.

let us know what the doc says, he can't let him lie there and suffer that way there has to be a better solution

B) My wife has migaine headaches and has taken Zomig for them which has worked great for her. She tried Imitrex but it didn't work for her. She is on ChampVA and gets the Zomig with no hassles.

Jim Lane