VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ankle Surgery

Rate this question

mjofdagame

Question

if you never had anything but and ankle sprang in service. And now you have to have surgery on your right foot.Because of arthritis.But had surgery on right knee.Can you make it or get service connected? And what would be the percentage?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
thanx a bunch for the information

I have been reading hundreds of cases for Ankles on the BVA decision site and it seems that they go out of their way to decide against the Veteran. Mine is a BVA remand, I had a documented history of treatment for Fracture, sprains, achilles tendonitis in service. Two years ago I had a surgery to remove a spur that was slicing the tendon in half. My surgeon wrote a letter stating that he thought it was a result of service, and that the surgery was not going to fully correct the problem, just make it tolerable. I had a C&P in Sept 08 which I have not received the copy of yet even though I requested it. The C&P doc (Vietnam Vet) was a local contractor well liked in the area that I live. He led me through the exam ok. I told him the story of my ankle. They took x-rays showing the result of surgery. My surgeon just did an MRI showing soft tissue issues on my heel, and the BVA has the request for records filled out as well as my doc's letter. I can't help but wonder if they will find a way to not comp me for anything, but I will let you know.