VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Psych C&p

Rate this question

SeattleShay

Question

I just had a 2 hrs psych C&P and I have to go back because the dr. is not done yet.

I had claimed depression, because I just cannot seem to get PTSD rated.... Well, the doc decided that I have a raging case of PTSD and that the depression is secondary to that. It seems that QTC has 2 seperate computer forms that have to be filled out, 1 for PTSD and 1 for depression, so 20minutes into the interview he calls QTC and tels them to load the PTSD form instead. Meantime, he is typing everything in as we go along...at least I know what he is putting in the report.

Needless to say we are not done yet and I have to go back. This may take another 6hrs..... :o

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, the stressor has to be proven period the claim will never progress any where's and from what I read it will be tough with out any reports or evidence. Yes this sux for the victim I know, that's even if they decide to put any effort to find anything that might even kinda corresponds with what the claim is for even letter from friends don't make a impact with out a stressor.

I would listen to rentalguy he would not steer you wrong, you have been wronged as far as I can tell and rentalguy has given you good advice on another angle to attack this problem...They (VARO) block the road you find another path.

as usual, i'm going to disagree. the in-service stressor does not have to be proven. i was raped on active duty. i never reported it. my word was enough and my claim was approved the first time around. PTSD with secondary chronic major depression.

it can be done.....

seattle....i'm so sorry this happened to you...take good care.

I my self was "Denied" due to no verifiable stressor, even though the evidence was in my file. Granted it was not for rape but it was for PTSD Hell, its tough with a stressor. Purple I don't know how long ago you were granted service connection but it is tough now a days. I could see taking someones word that was in area know for attacks or area of combat operations or combat awards but again these are verifiable stressors, and please don't get me wrong I mean no malice, I think in today's world and your talking about possibly compensating someone for the rest of there life with out a shred of proof it will be hard to prove with out a stressor....If it could be done this person needs to know..I be willing to bet they are other as well that are scared and afraid with physiological problems that need this same info...Rich

I just returned from the final part of my C&P.

My diagnosis...Major Depressive Disorder. The doc listed the rape and the cancer as 2 of the stressors, and of course the cancer is majorly verifable. The VA told me years ago that cancer doesn't cause depression, but this doctor is telling them that not only does it cause depression, but PTSD, especially when you have received chemo and radiation He also told me that if they deny, he will go as far as we have to to win.

WHERE DID THIS GUY FALL OUT OF THE SKY FROM.... He is a Godsend

He, of course addressed my pain syndrome and my osteomyelitis that has cause my face to be asymetrical and then he blasted them for not diagnosing my back fracture for 28 years and telling me that the pain was all in my head, yet never offering psych care.

So, we'll see in however many years it takes to get back my rating..... :lol:

BTW..he even put in the alcoholism, even though I am now sober, to quote him "just in case it is compensable"

• HadIt.com Elder
I just returned from the final part of my C&P.

My diagnosis...Major Depressive Disorder. The doc listed the rape and the cancer as 2 of the stressors, and of course the cancer is majorly verifable. The VA told me years ago that cancer doesn't cause depression, but this doctor is telling them that not only does it cause depression, but PTSD, especially when you have received chemo and radiation He also told me that if they deny, he will go as far as we have to to win.

WHERE DID THIS GUY FALL OUT OF THE SKY FROM.... He is a Godsend

He, of course addressed my pain syndrome and my osteomyelitis that has cause my face to be asymetrical and then he blasted them for not diagnosing my back fracture for 28 years and telling me that the pain was all in my head, yet never offering psych care.

So, we'll see in however many years it takes to get back my rating..... ;)

BTW..he even put in the alcoholism, even though I am now sober, to quote him "just in case it is compensable"

Put him on your Christmas or Holiday List!! Can I bake him some brownies?! I love your doctor, will you share him with us lol . . . ~Wings