VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Burning, Pins, And Needles Pain Top Left Thigh Anybody Have This?

Rate this topic

I agree on the pinched nerve. You need to get an MRI of the spine and possibly get the nerve canal opened up before more nerve damage is done. Or it could be a simple chiropractor issue.

good luck, I had the same problem in my arms and it was a blown disc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a pain clinic appt today an the nurse told me she going to send my pcp a message to put me a med called gabapentin. i seen where alot of vets here take this med. does it have a real bad side effect, the nurse said it will put me to sleep.

• HadIt.com Elder

I took it, but couldn't function on it. 2700 mg per day.

They also prescribed Zoloft & Trazadone at the same time. I ended up getting a toxic effect from all of it. All I could do is lay on the floor and drewl. Morphine was the same as Gabapentin.

Long acting Oxycontin(12hr), does not have the same effect on me.

Edited by allan

• HadIt.com Elder

ltate90,

you may not react the same. It was Gabapentin I had the proplem with the most. Can't tollerate Morphine either.

I do know taking more than one antidepressent at a time can cause a toxic effect.

Zoloft & Trazadone are both antidepressents, so your doubling up right there.

Another problem I had was being treated for depression with Zoloft or Paxil, but not the manic side of bipolar.

Now that i'm taking Depakote I sleep somewhat better. Sleep is still 5 to 6 hrs at a time, sometime I can get eight but not often. Atleast i'm not staying up for a couple days before I get rest like I used to.

I don't take sleeping pills anymore. One more drug out of the body is how I look at it.

It took many years trying verious kinds of pain pills before I found something that left me some kind of life. Controlled Release Oxycontin has been the best for me with the least side effects. The VA dr's supplied it for a while, but after complaining about prescriptions being sent 2 to 4 weeks late, they dropped all my pain meds, now I have to go to a private Dr & pay cash for it. Only resently has the VA Dr's started supplying breakthrough pain meds again.

allan,

like i was saying taking trazdone, zoloft, seroquel, klonopin and librium and with all the other meds i'm taking it's a miracle i can even function on on a daily basis. i meant to ask you what is the difference between oxycontin and oxycodone. well with all these meds i'm taking i hope the alj at my hearing next month see how its effecting my daily living.