VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Side Effects With Medication

Rate this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a nerve block in my back a few weeks ago. So far it has done nothing to help me, yet the pain doctor says to keep getting them. I think he is getting well paid for his lame advice. I sometimes wonder if there is anything that can treat back pain successfully. I take percoset for my back. My back hurts if I exercise, or if I do nothing. It hurts when I get up in the morning, and when I go to bed at night. I have found that walking gives the most relief while sitting makes it worse. It is bad because my feet hurt like hell as well. This chronic pain has turned my life to shit.

I could have written this one myself. Add to it sitting at this desk in a chair on a computer for nine or so hours a day. I try to get up and 'stretch my legs' every few minutes. But then I have to worry about my co workers noticing how Im walking, stiff and slow, calculated steps (at 38 years old mind you.) I am not on any meds right now and I dont see a difference from how I felt before to now. Pain is pain. :lol:

My pain doc as well as my PCP want me to do the injections in my neck and Im just not 'there' with them yet.

Edited by 1994andcouting.....

I had a nerve block in my back a few weeks ago. So far it has done nothing to help me, yet the pain doctor says to keep getting them. I think he is getting well paid for his lame advice. I sometimes wonder if there is anything that can treat back pain successfully. I take percoset for my back. My back hurts if I exercise, or if I do nothing. It hurts when I get up in the morning, and when I go to bed at night. I have found that walking gives the most relief while sitting makes it worse. It is bad because my feet hurt like hell as well. This chronic pain has turned my life to shit.

I have had 3 nerve blocks and it was good for 3 hrs the first 2 shots and the 3rd was useless. I only took the 3rd because I was chasing the dragon thinking I was going to get relief for 3 hrs be cause I was going crazy from the pain, what I found is it can put you in more pain also and I refuse to do it again...I lay in the bed and cry sometimes from the pain and there ain't a Percocet or Oxycontin made that can stop it. I know what your going through and its maddening at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION FOR ME PERTAINING TO THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THESE MEDICATIONS 400MG OF SEROQUEL TWICE DAILY, 1MG OF KLONOPIN TWICE DAILY, 200MG ZOLOFT, 100MG TRAZADONE, 5MG @325 OF OXYCODONE TAKE 2 TABS 3X A DAY FOR PAIN. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO HOLD DOWN A JOB FOR 8 HRS A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK ON THIS MEDICATION NOT INCLUDING THE REST OF THE THINGS I'M ON. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DRIVE AND STAY AWAKE. THIS MEDICATION SAYS DO NOT DRIVE OR OPERATE MACHINERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's quite a med cocktail that would knock me on my butt! Are you going to be on all of these meds for a long time? Or are some of them temporary? If temporary, perhaps consider applying for short term disability through your employer?? Or talk to your doc about different meds that won't knock you out.

I'm surprised that a doc would have you take klonopin, seroquel, trazodone & oxycotin at the same time!!! Wow....just trazodone kicks my butt (then again, I'm a lightweight....LOL).

• HadIt.com Elder

LTATE90,

you can't function taking a mixure of meds like your taking.

You will need a psychiatrist to determine the effect on your daily life.

You might try getting a referal at the VAMC to see one and ask if they would write a statement.

They require more than just the effects of meds for disability claims, but a statement from the Dr might help you.

With the meds I take for muscle spasms, pain, bi-polar, anxiety, vertigo, etc it makes me nap not long after I take them. I shut down. Need to take the meds, so I know I couldn't work with what I have to take.

With all that I take I still have severe break through pain, tendon lock and muscle spasms.

Edited by allan