VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Side Effects With Medication

Rate this topic

PURPLE, ALLAN,

THE NEXT TIME I GO AND SEE MY CIVILIAN PSYCHIATRIST AND SOCIAL WORKER, I'M GOING TO ASK THAT QUESTION. I TAKE ALL THESE MEDS FOR PAIN SUCH AS OXYCODONE, TOPAMAX, NAPROXEN AND SEROQUEL, KLONOPIN, TRAZADONE AND ZOLOFT FOR MENTAL HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO FUNCTION. LAST BUT NOT LEAST PURPLE I HAVEN'T WORKED SINCE 2005 SINCE THE VA GAVE ME MY 100 % IU P&T. I'M TRYING TO GET MY SOCIAL SECURITY NOW.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't see you being able to work with that combination of medication.

Good Luck and you should get SSD also

• 1 month later...

HAS ANYONE WON A SSDI CASE WITH THE HELP OF THERE SIDE EFFECTS OF THERE MEDICATIONS. I'M ON SOME SERIOUS STUFF AND MY LAWYER SAYS MY CASE IS COMING SOON AND ONCE I GET MY HEARING LETTER, HE SUPPOSED TO WRITE THE ALJ A PRE-BRIEF. IT SUPPOSED TO SAY THINGS ABOUT MY MEDS AND SIDE EFFECTS, ALONG WITH MY LIMITATIONS AND THINGS I CAN'T DO ANYMORE I GUESS.

In the SS second denial of my claim, they stated that the meds I was taking should control the pain enough so I could work. I was taking Gabapentin 300-2700 mg a day, hydrocodone for breakthrough pain and methadone 20mg twice a day. We finally won at the alj level. I also had 3 independent doctor statements. good luck