VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vascular Clinic

Rate this topic

The VA has sent me to 3 different vascular clinics in the last year. 61 percent clogged in my neck.

Now they have made me an appointment for a 4th.

This should be good for some laughs.

NO! your third year medical students may not cut on me...

The buttheads won't even give me my pain meds for me trashed joints that they tell me need to be replaced or the ptsd medications.

I'm not supposed to drive more than 15 miles, according to the VA ortho prick, and the new appointment is 5 hours away on the interstate.

Why me Lord?

In my last incarnation I musta been a real bad dude.

sledge

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have medicare go to a real doctor and get this thing fixed. The VA in my hometown kills vets just about every week with neglect. It is in the newspaper every other day. Two major VAMC's in my area, and yet they kill vets by not supplying them with the treatment they need by just forgetting about them. What you have to get in your head is they don't care if you live or die. If you die while waiting they will send your spouse an apology if she raises hell with a senator. They killed a vet here recently and the spouse got an "oops, sorry" and that was it.

I figured out a long time ago that the VA medical staff does not have our needs as their first priority.

Last night on 'ER' a doctor told an intern that you can't become a great doctor until you have killed a patient.

I'm not giving any Bozo at the VA his chance to become great at my expense.

I guess I'm not as patriotic as I used to be.

sledge

I checked with my 'real' doctor today.

He is taking the correct steps to find out exactly where I stand and what treatment may be required.

So far he thinks I'm not in need of any treatment over an above what I'm doing now.

We went over all of my medications and figured out that the local pharmacy is ripping me off for over 200 bucks a month.

The doctor ordered a particular dosage that the pharmacy says I can only get by buying 2 different batches.

The doctor explained how and why the medication can be administered through the purchase of 'one' batch.

It amounts to cutting pills but the medication is a topical cream. Male hormone.

I'm going to change pharmacies because they have pulled this crap on me before on another medication.

Fool me twice and I'm the fool.

I'm also in the process of changing VA primary care doctors too.

My wife takes care of the books here as the result of my 'past mental history' and she is always going through the roof over what the VA refuses to supply me with.

My first appointment is tomorrow.

On another note, my daughter turned down a lot more money that the VA offered her if she would go to work for the VA. They inquired as to why? She related that her Dad is a disabled vet and that she could not work for an organization that treated the patients so badly. That ended the conversation.

sledge

• 1 month later...

Sledge,

I too am going to my 4 th appointment on the 9 of jan. I m sitting around 70% blockage on my left and 85% on my right. My PCP asked me when they were going to do something about it and I replied " When I stroke out". She thought thats was very amussing and could be correct. Anyway I get looked at by the jr docs at the Philadelphia VA that use the UofP student docs to make the diaignopse. One appointment I was sent to had no tests and the doc scheduled another 6 months later. Yes I was charged the copay. I m stuck with it due to the lack of adquate insurance. Keep up the fire.