VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Sure If This Is The Right Place

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Dallas VAMC is the health center that I use.

I have had some very positive experiences with them.

This a medical center that had, last year, over 1,000,000 patient visits......and, as I would imagine, there are a few folks that fall through the cracks.

As far as the doctor that you had prescribing the medication, you need to understand that, if they have an M.D., then they can prescribe meds without having someone looking over their shoulder all the time (the M.D. degree allows them to do that). There are many of the doctors there at the Dallas VAMC that are interns and residents due to the fact that that hospital is part of the University of Texas - Southwestern Med School, so, yes, you'll likely be seen by a young doctor.......but not necessarily an incompetent doctor.

But, like I say, I've been happy with their care of me. It has been very competent.......and I've been through the ER on a few occations and was VERY impressed with the care received there, as has been my wife, an R.N., who is a Critical Care nurse at Medical City Dallas, and has been an R.N. for 20+ years......oh, there are some things that she helps me out with, medications, scheduling of visits, etc. and she has found a couple of things that she "would change" but nothing serious.

just sayin.....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using the Dallas VA for all of my med needs since 2000. I have never had a problem with them. I also get all of my meds by mail with no problem. If I order late it is my problem. I have no problem with the VAMC. It is the VBA that is the problem.

Lots of luck on your meds Pete.

Gunny

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Gunny. The truth is that most of my meds work just fine. The only ones that I seem to have a problem with are xanax and oxycontin. Last week I also had a Med stolen or maybe just the machine did it. I can't be sure. I also get 40 different items some spaced out for 3 months but a lot month to month.

This does not include replacement filters masks and hoses for the CPAP machine. In a calm moment I will admit that I am overall pleased with the VA meds its just that they have to many penalty boxes and surprises.

I did a check on the meds and it would cost me over 1000 a month. Its really a lot for me to keep up with

Maybe it's just me but it seems that when good experiences are replies to horror stories there is a canceling out effect that does not lend itself to the possibility of garnering momentum....the kind of momentum that it will take to change the things that are broken in one way or another.

It goes without saying that all experiences have value. That said, look at the effect of the story about Walter Reed's state of disrepair, dare i say dispicable conditions that were allowed to be acceptable for our returning service people who needed a place to rehabilitate as well as be treated. As soon as the media got wind of it and sent people down there to find out what was what, and started broadcasting pictures of the hospital as it is now; heads rolled and things changed. That this revered hospital was let to fall into such a horrific condition was shocking to many....how could this happen? Well before they addressed the bad they pointed out that there was a building or two in outstanding condition, good enough for any member of congress to go to if they stub their toe or need a transplant but that's not where they were sending our wounded.

So if one person is telling the story of their nightmares at conditions at Walter Reed and you had a completely different experience, both stories may be true but the good story should not be taken to mean that the other did not happen. If their weren't so many vets with bad experiences then hadit would have no purpose.

i'm thinking that it will take a mass movement, a surge, a push by everyone who served whatever their experiences is. Until that happens things will remain the same long after most of us are dead.

Just my humble opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder
Maybe it's just me but it seems that when good experiences are replies to horror stories there is a canceling out effect that does not lend itself to the possibility of garnering momentum....the kind of momentum that it will take to change the things that are broken in one way or another.

It goes without saying that all experiences have value. That said, look at the effect of the story about Walter Reed's state of disrepair, dare i say dispicable conditions that were allowed to be acceptable for our returning service people who needed a place to rehabilitate as well as be treated. As soon as the media got wind of it and sent people down there to find out what was what, and started broadcasting pictures of the hospital as it is now; heads rolled and things changed. That this revered hospital was let to fall into such a horrific condition was shocking to many....how could this happen? Well before they addressed the bad they pointed out that there was a building or two in outstanding condition, good enough for any member of congress to go to if they stub their toe or need a transplant but that's not where they were sending our wounded.

So if one person is telling the story of their nightmares at conditions at Walter Reed and you had a completely different experience, both stories may be true but the good story should not be taken to mean that the other did not happen. If their weren't so many vets with bad experiences then hadit would have no purpose.

i'm thinking that it will take a mass movement, a surge, a push by everyone who served whatever their experiences is. Until that happens things will remain the same long after most of us are dead.

Just my humble opinion.

Oh, okay, I got it now.

Dallas VAMC is bad, bad, bad.

All their employees are bad, bad, bad.

I hate the treatment I get there.

Everything sucks.

I suck.

We all suck.

They suck.

Vaccum. 29" of mercury.

A really SUCKEY situation.

I'm beginning to see the "light" and the "light" is very, very dark.

I'm in lockstep with ya on this.

bad, very bad

must remember.....bad, bad, bad.

;)