VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C And P For General

Rate this question

matt

Question

Whelp after filing my claim last April, thru my VSO, I had my hearing c and p a few weeks ago and just received my general physical c and p at Winston Regional VA outpatient clinic. The one problem i have is the fact that I got the letter on Thursday Nov 20 and the appt is for Tuesday Nov 25. Of course I won't skip it or try to change the date as the letter itself states it could be months to re-schedule a new exam. I am still waiting for the mental c and p to be scheduled.

I am so glad to finally being able to show the effects of being in the USMC light infantry can do to your knees and back and a few other parts of your body. I can live witht he knee pain, but the back is getting so bad I am thinking of breaking down and getting a cane. DDD, bulges i.e.. in l4, l5, s1 are just killing me. Can't sit can't bend over, can't tie my own shoes, wobble when i walk. Anybody have any advice....thanks a bunch...

Matt

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Click on the links in my signature lines that say Spine Claim Repository and Mental Health Claim Repository. Then use the search function to search for my posts. I have had the exact same claims that you have, and I have produced some good results. Be sure and check out the C&P Service Clinicians Guide and read up on the General, Spine, Knees, and Mental Health exam worksheets.

Good luck, and don't forget to pick up the results of those exams a couple of weeks after you have them.

Rental guy1,

thanks for the advice. When i got there at the Outpatient clinic today in Winston Salem. I was told by a Physicians Assistant that I would only be seen for my back. Which was kind letting my spirits down, as I just want this process to be done. I originally filed in Apr 08, and only had 2 c and p's done out of 6 or 7. Anyways, I kind of caught what the PA said i had forward flexation of 60 to 80 degrees, rotation 30 degrees each way, which is pretty incrdible considering i was pretty much stading straight up when the PA stated I was at 6o degrees. Although I am not the one that was measuring. she checked for a reflex but had none, felt a few of the pin pricks in my lower legs.

went to the VA yesterday :rolleyes: , saw the social worker i used to see regulerly a few months ago. set me up with a weekly appt to see her, set me up with a ptsd group. not happy that i am worse off. on the way out of the va outpatient clinic, i stopped by the release of info, printed the las years progress notes. Low and behold the C and P for my back was in there. I am even more depressed now in the 4-5 pages of the exam at the end, it states that a medical opinion was requested and the PA that conducted the c and p said it was not likely that me back injury is due to service in the military. rationale: SM did not create a chronicity of the event within service. and went on to say, tha I received a medical exam a few years ago and the spine looked fine then. Talk about not what I wanted to hear. Talk about a let down on my frigin 40th birthday...

matt

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Matt, Happy Birthday. You must have been a teenager when you first joined the military. I have read several of your threads and am rooting for you. Hang in there. Best wishes for a successful new year.Cmdr. B

Bob thanks, yes I enlisted int he Marines back in 1987, then shifted gears and joined the national guard. should be having my c and p for PTSD sometime before the new year. Saw my family dr on friday as well and he prescribed me Symboiax (spelling) which basiclaly made me a zombie for 2 days and had to discontinue use, will talk to him tomorrow to explain why I stopped. My VSO, said that the back issue can be dealt with later the opinion that was given is just an opinion, we can have another IMo done.

Hi Matt, Happy Birthday. You must have been a teenager when you first joined the military. I have read several of your threads and am rooting for you. Hang in there. Best wishes for a successful new year.Cmdr. B

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I read where you were a Grunt in the USMC. Semper Fi.... I was Army , my brother was in the Marines (Da Nang 66-69). I'm not familiar with Symboiax?, however, I am confident someone here @ Hadit, can address your reaction to that new med you dropped. I'm 10% PTSD. and tried elivil and synoquain (sp) back in the old days. I also broke allot of bootstraps pulling myself up. Good luck tomorrow with your Dr. & meds. Together you can find the right Rx that works for you. Hang in there, Jar head, lol. Again best wishes for a successful new year.