VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C And P For General

Rate this question

matt

Question

Whelp after filing my claim last April, thru my VSO, I had my hearing c and p a few weeks ago and just received my general physical c and p at Winston Regional VA outpatient clinic. The one problem i have is the fact that I got the letter on Thursday Nov 20 and the appt is for Tuesday Nov 25. Of course I won't skip it or try to change the date as the letter itself states it could be months to re-schedule a new exam. I am still waiting for the mental c and p to be scheduled.

I am so glad to finally being able to show the effects of being in the USMC light infantry can do to your knees and back and a few other parts of your body. I can live witht he knee pain, but the back is getting so bad I am thinking of breaking down and getting a cane. DDD, bulges i.e.. in l4, l5, s1 are just killing me. Can't sit can't bend over, can't tie my own shoes, wobble when i walk. Anybody have any advice....thanks a bunch...

Matt

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes they closed due to weather, the Ao said it was the first time they had ever closed. Yeah, it was a huge snow storm. Of course the news made it out to be the story of the century for shock and awe affect. I have to have it done by friday as i will be about 700 miles away come this sunday, as my family will be in florida for a month at my in-laws house, while my wife travels on business. As my wife has good reason to not leave me with the kids for a month and this will give me help. Talked to my vso this morning who is attempting to get me a make up appt this week.

Matt

Why did they close? Weather? I've never heard of a VA Hospital closing due to snow....unless you had a HUGE blizzard there!!!

Why do you have to have your C&Ps done by Friday....just curious. I hope they can re-schedule them quickly for you.

Due tot he VA being closed on Mar 2. My C and P has been rescheduled for this coming Wednesday Mar 25. I have one with a PA at 0830 and one at 1230 with a Dr. Not really sure why i am seeing both but hey who cares just glad to get it done. These are for PTSD. Not sure what I should bring, but definately going to bring myself. thanks

Matt

Yes they closed due to weather, the Ao said it was the first time they had ever closed. Yeah, it was a huge snow storm. Of course the news made it out to be the story of the century for shock and awe affect. I have to have it done by friday as i will be about 700 miles away come this sunday, as my family will be in florida for a month at my in-laws house, while my wife travels on business. As my wife has good reason to not leave me with the kids for a month and this will give me help. Talked to my vso this morning who is attempting to get me a make up appt this week.

Matt

Okay, had my C and P for PTSD as well as TBI this morning. The TBI was at 0830 with a PA. seemed to know what he was talking about. Did some test, stated that there were definately some problems with my spatial orientation. I was in there for about 1.5 hours. Unfortunately he said i was very intelligent. Then off to my C and P for PTSD at 1230. the Dr. was 45 minutes late getting into the office. The Secretary said don't mind him being late because he dictates exactly how I interprete him. And indicated that he was a great Dr. that was sympethetic to Vets. I was in there about 1 hour. He went over the Test from the TBI C and P and agreed that there was definately a problem. He said that my PTSD and TBI are about equal. He asked about my suicidal thoughts, how I work with others, my family life, what do i do in my spare time. Why i am not employed. He said i needed a job that didn't require thinking and I must be by myself. I asked him if he knew anybody hiring those kinds of jobs. I noted that I have been seeing a head Dr. for the past 1.5 years at the VA. that my memory and concentration levels have been affected and are a direct contributer to my ability to perform my job description prior to deloying to Iraq.

Food for thought. The PA for my TBI C and P said the VA is not requiring documentation for TBI as with all medical problems not everything is documented in SMR's. So they take your word for it.

hopefully the RO's has the same opinion..We shall see i am just glad it is over.

MattPTSD C and P Completed.....

matt

• HadIt.com Elder

Being intelligent is not uncommon amongst Veterans. Should not hurt your claim

Thanks Pete. We shall see....I am curious to see how long it actually takes to have my Regional office have the final percentages back to me. Last year when I had my hearing C and P done, the results were back within 2 weeks and started receiving compensation checks about 1 week after that. I do think that TBI and PTSD is a bit more complicated....

Matt

Being intelligent is not uncommon amongst Veterans. Should not hurt your claim

Just an update on my TBI/PTSD Claim:

On Wednesday April 14, I sent an IRIS via VA website requesting information on my claim for my TBI/PTSD. I was surprised to find a reply to my question the next day. Seems my claim was completed on April 15(the same day as the reply) and I should hear something back within 2-4 weeks.

Well, I know I am going to get some flak about it coming back so quick, however, you have to remember I submitted the claim thru my VSO in April of 2008...Will give you all an update when i get the packet in the mail. If I had the opportunity to drive up to the specific C and P site, i would drive and today to find out the findings, however, My wife does not feel comfortable enough in allowing me to drive 100 miles by myself if it is not needed.

Matt