VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming C And P For General

Rate this question

matt

Question

Whelp after filing my claim last April, thru my VSO, I had my hearing c and p a few weeks ago and just received my general physical c and p at Winston Regional VA outpatient clinic. The one problem i have is the fact that I got the letter on Thursday Nov 20 and the appt is for Tuesday Nov 25. Of course I won't skip it or try to change the date as the letter itself states it could be months to re-schedule a new exam. I am still waiting for the mental c and p to be scheduled.

I am so glad to finally being able to show the effects of being in the USMC light infantry can do to your knees and back and a few other parts of your body. I can live witht he knee pain, but the back is getting so bad I am thinking of breaking down and getting a cane. DDD, bulges i.e.. in l4, l5, s1 are just killing me. Can't sit can't bend over, can't tie my own shoes, wobble when i walk. Anybody have any advice....thanks a bunch...

Matt

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Got my paperwork back yesterday in the mail.

PTSD: 50%

TBI: Denied

Combined compensation @ : 60%

I have to submit some paperwork regarding my TBI and I have some other stuff outstanding. Looks like i also need to provide a copy of my kids SSN Cards in order to receive comp for them. I also was waiting for this to be complete so i can actually submit another claim for my feet and right leg, which is highly documented in my SMR. but I am releived to know that at least this part is done. You all have a great weekend and thank you so much for your support.

Matt

Just an update on my TBI/PTSD Claim:

On Wednesday April 14, I sent an IRIS via VA website requesting information on my claim for my TBI/PTSD. I was surprised to find a reply to my question the next day. Seems my claim was completed on April 15(the same day as the reply) and I should hear something back within 2-4 weeks.

Well, I know I am going to get some flak about it coming back so quick, however, you have to remember I submitted the claim thru my VSO in April of 2008...Will give you all an update when i get the packet in the mail. If I had the opportunity to drive up to the specific C and P site, i would drive and today to find out the findings, however, My wife does not feel comfortable enough in allowing me to drive 100 miles by myself if it is not needed.

Matt

Pete,

thanks, actually i am currently not employed. The reasoning stated they saw in my file that I listed unemployed from one of my sessions with my head dr. but stated that i was currently looking for employment. Well, yeah, who the hell isn't.......lol but what ya gonna do........frustrating yes. but at least it is something to start with...

matt

Pete,

No i haven't applied for TDIU or SSD as I am looking for work. Also, i was told that I need to have 70% in order to apply for SSD or TDIU. As well as the fact that I would probably need some sort of backing from a doctor showing that I am unable to work. I lost my medical insurance when i lost my job as well as when i did have coverage I went to my dr and asked for his advice regarding my availablility to work and he said I was fine and fit to work. Literally blew my mind.

Matt

• HadIt.com Elder

Social Security and the VA should provide the medical exams that you need.You should apply and give the day of your disability as the day you last worked.