VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

From Tdiu >>> To <<<< T&p

Rate this question

mr c -rock

Question

I am a 80% TDIU veteran, I have been fighting for 3 years to get T&P and I got a letter from DAV saying that I have been approved back in August 08. I have called and track the file down to my regional office at St Petersburg, Fl and they said the file have been approved and is being written. "Back log of files" My wife is back in school full time and need medical care in which Champ-VA would take care of that need. And yes, we can use the money for being in college under CH35. I will be back dated until 2004. How can I get them to expedite the process so I can get benefits and Champ-VA for my family. I have went back to DAV and they cannot do nothing, Call 1-800 number. Just sit on my hands and wait.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Gee -that is a long time to wait for the actual award letter-

The wife should make sure she has retained any college receipts that fall into the P & T criteria back to 2004- as that seems to be the earliest effective date of the P & T award.

I think they will reimburse her for any college courses she has taken from 2004 to present.(if at a VA approved college-which ,most colleges are.)

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you get your tax break on your house? Often T&P vets get major tax benefit on property tax. In Florida you get zero property tax if you are T&P.