VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds By Mail Strikes Again. Meds By Mail Suck

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Today I git several packages from VA from Meds by mail. As I started going through I found one package had been slit open ar the right bottom corner. Since the meds were missing I thought that I could track it down and called VA to talk to the pharmacy. My luck pharmacy closed at 3:30 and my call was at 3:31 but the operator put me through to the people who fix mail problems.

Unfortunately my contact did not speak English that was understandable nor in my opinion speak so that I could understand him. Anyway I tried to discuss the problem he got angry cause I did not know what the medicine was and hung up on me.

So I called the Post Office and filed a theft complaint. They took my information and they told me a badge will be calling Friday.

My theory is that they knew what they were stealing and it probably was hydrocone. Funny how out of four packages they knew which one had the narcotics.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete Brother, I feel for you. You have had nothing but trouble with the meds by mail program. I hope it all gets straightened out and that you can find a reliable alternative mneans to receive your meds. I have not had any Marcotics stolen but I usually get the Narcotic drugs at the VA or have them filled outside.

J

I get my meds from the Nashville TN VA and I order them on line. The turn around is usually 7 to 10 days. I also look them up on the computer to find what I can expect as a benifit and the side effects before I take it. Some of the meds can make the problem worse. The VA recently sent my meds, And one of them was a controled substance. I had to show an ID and sign for it. The post office also scanded the code bar.

Pete-

Yes, the Meds by Mail program sucks. I had many meds "disappear" thru this program. Went all thru the tracking system and no one could ever prove where the meds disappeared in the system. Now I pick up all my meds at the VA....I'm a "Do Not Mail" and the VA hates that. I'm there quite often for appts anyway so it isn't a big deal for me to spend half the day in the Pharmacy.

However....controlled substances are supposed to be sent from the VA to you via FedEx so that you have to sign for them. If your VAMC sent out a controlled substance via regular mail...then they are at fault. I hope you can get this mess figured out. Take care,

It's very possible that the tracking system is being tracked/monitored by a third party.

If they looked hard enough they would probably find a pattern of missing meds.

It's kinda like tapping into the internal revenue accounting and stealing one penny from every taxpayer.

I believe the main reason that they will not prescribe my painkillers is that somebody would steal every 8th or 14th bottle of pills sent to me.

It's easier to prevent the problem than to fix it.

sledge

• HadIt.com Elder

I have two possibilities. One its inside at the VA and two its inside at Post Office. All that is required by my meds is that it is sent by USPS and it has a scan at delivery which does not require a signature. What is strange is that they send insulin and some stuff by Fed Ex.

I know I will never find out and that I am going to be back in the penalty box cause one I will not get a replacement on time and two all meds that are scheduled will have to released by some upper management bozo who does not know how to read his email.

January 1 I am moving 100% away from VA and file a tort for damages of future costs of my medical and dental treatment. At least the lifetime of copays and donut holes that is