VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds By Mail Strikes Again. Meds By Mail Suck

Rate this topic

When I get my meds, within a couple days I reorder and haven`t had any problem so far. Actually that way I keep a backup supply. I wonder if you can keep reordering until your refills are depleted.

Cavman

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your VAMC lets you keep a back-up supply?? Wow! That's unusual. Mine won't even let me refill my meds--even the normal stuff, non-narcotic type--until I'm within 1 week of running out. That was another problem of the meds-by-mail program...to unreliable.

If I wasn't home to sign for one of my meds (never knew which day/time it was coming) then if I missed it the 2nd day (again never knew what time they would be there)...then I had to go to the FedEx main hub and pick it up. Guess where that was at? The Dayton International Airport!! Did that one time and one time only....that also was when I said never, ever, ever again...so between that trip to the airport and the missing meds...no more.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well after the Pharmacy in Dallas said my last refill had been cancelled I got a Express Mail from Murfeeville TN with the hydrocodone yesterday. I plan to put the bottle up in a safe place and if its late in the future borrow from my stash.

If the VA was normal I would inform them but I am sick of trying to play their game. I feel much more secure about not running out.

10 days to make the trip by express mail. Meds by Mail Suck. In Dallas its an involuntary method of drug delivery

Pete-

Make them show you in writing where it's mandatory that you must use meds by mail for refills. That's what I did in Dayton and they couldn't do it...it wasn't a "real" policy and when I took it to the facility director that's when I won. Call their bluff.

• HadIt.com Elder
Well after the Pharmacy in Dallas said my last refill had been cancelled I got a Express Mail from Murfeeville TN with the hydrocodone yesterday. I plan to put the bottle up in a safe place and if its late in the future borrow from my stash.

If the VA was normal I would inform them but I am sick of trying to play their game. I feel much more secure about not running out.

10 days to make the trip by express mail. Meds by Mail Suck. In Dallas its an involuntary method of drug delivery

Big brother is also a bean counter. Rx confusion results in vet looking like a criminal.