VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This For Life?

Rate this question

Question

just wanna ask anyone ,"Is it clausable that these benifits are for ever?" or is it a patch,a temporary fix, I been on IU and SSDI since 2002 VA payed me back to 1998, Is it gonna end? when am I gonna get the C&P? Is that designed to cut you off? CAUSE IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT TO ME not trying to burst any bubbles but I"am really concerned..you know if they want they can say you can work selling news papers...what is in store around the corner what is the rule thumb? is it posible to never get a C&P? really I'am new to this..the C&P thing seems hostile are they really out to cut us off?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Brother,

Till you hold your IU rating for 20yrs, you can always risk having said rating reduced. Even then, if you got that rating by fraud, it can be taken away from you!

VA can legally call you in for a Compensation and Pension exam at anytime they so desire, no matter what your rating is and no matter how long you've held it. So, you must always do whats required to maintain your rating!

Meaning what?

Go to your doctors regulary. Make your scheduled appointments and keep your C-Files updated with treatment records and IMO's!!! Rule of thumb, got to your doctor at least 4times a year, in order to maintain your rating.

Any suggestion of a rating decrease, also has a legal process to go through and you've also got time to reply to these.

AS a vet with 100% IU P&T you are not scheduled for an exam.

AS a vet with 100% scheduler, you are scheduled (rule of thumb) every 18months +-

The IU vets get the employment questionaires, to fill out asking if they've worked in the past 12months.

If you've just been awarded your IU (under 2yrs), chances are, you won't get an employment questionaire for about 2yrs. Also as mentioned, if you are over 55yrs of age, va will almost certainly not invite you in for future C & P exams. If they do, then contact your VARO/VSO and tell them of your age and chances are, you'll have the exam cancled. UNless you don't go to the doctor regularly and chances are, they'll want to see you and examine you then!!

WORD OF WARNING ABOUT THE EMPLOYMENT QUESTIONAIRES: Fill them out, mail it in certified mail and or fax a copy to your VARO. I'd make sure you get a copy to your VSO, if you have one!

This is to your benefit and saves LOTS OF HEADACHES and stress.

Hope this helps.

Whoop

• HadIt.com Elder

As stated previously, you are never safe until you reach the 20 yr mark. The VA can and sometimes does schedule another C&P under the pretenses "that your condition may have worsened" and like the good VA they are, they are looking out for you. They only do that in an effort to reduce your award. They also routinely try to reduce anyone discharged, from active duty, within the past couple of yrs, that was awarded 10% at discharge, under the pretense that they've gotten better. Just another ploy to save the VA money. I believe most 10%'s don't fight the reduction, figuring they were lucky to get the 10% in the first place. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Although I agree that you can always have problems with VA till you have 20 most who get 100% are pretty safe in assuming that they are protected.