VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Long Term?

Rate this question

Question

just wanna ask anyone ,"Is it clausable that these benifits are for ever?" or is it a patch,a temporary fix, I been on IU and SSDI since 2002 VA payed me back to 1998, Is it gonna end? when am I gonna get the C&P? Is that designed to cut you off? CAUSE IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT TO ME not trying to burst any bubbles but I"am really concerned..you know if they want they can say you can work selling news papers...what is in store around the corner what is the rule thumb? is it posible to never get a C&P? really I'am new to this..the C&P thing seems hostile are they really out to cut us off?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

1st a general rule of tumb- if your IU has been in effect over 20 years then you are at home plate, unless it is proven that you gain the benefit criminally. If your IU benefits or any percentage has been in effect less than 20 years, then you can have your benefits adjusted to lower levels if improvement is shown. What are your chances of a proposed reduction? I would say "fair" if you are between 20 to 45 years of age and "Slim" if over 55. In my personal expirence if you have a one condition that u are IU for it raises the likelyhood, but if you have multipal conditions it lowers the likelyhood. Hope that helps.

Among other things, it may depend on your age. I recall reading where they arent supposed to require reexams if you are over 55. Of course, there is always their "weasel" clause.."under most circumstances".

I think it also depends a lot on your regional office, too. The VA is a Heinz 57 Regional Office flavors, with a wide variety of results among regional offices. Then Congressman Obama got mad when Illinois was at the bottom of the list, and raised a stink about it. After a couple years, Illinois moved up several spots and is no longer in the bottom 5 states. . Now that he is not in Illinois anymore, I wonder if Illinois Regional Office will settle back into last place..right down there with Ohio and Indiana. Oh, Il, and Indiana pay Vets about $4000 per year less than Vets in New Mexico or New England (according to the Attorney General's report) The VA has tried to explain these differences, but few people have bought the VA's excuses. The excuse I heard was that Really sick Vets..the 100% kind, dont like cold weather so they move south, and that is why the cold midwest states pay less. In other words the 100% disabled Vets congregate in the south. However, Maine is about as far North as you can get, and it is one of the highest paying states..except for New Mexico.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder
Among other things, it may depend on your age. I recall reading where they arent supposed to require reexams if you are over 55. Of course, there is always their "weasel" clause.."under most circumstances".

I think it also depends a lot on your regional office, too. The VA is a Heinz 57 Regional Office flavors, with a wide variety of results among regional offices. Then Congressman Obama got mad when Illinois was at the bottom of the list, and raised a stink about it. After a couple years, Illinois moved up several spots and is no longer in the bottom 5 states. . Now that he is not in Illinois anymore, I wonder if Illinois Regional Office will settle back into last place..right down there with Ohio and Indiana. Oh, Il, and Indiana pay Vets about $4000 per year less than Vets in New Mexico or New England (according to the Attorney General's report) The VA has tried to explain these differences, but few people have bought the VA's excuses. The excuse I heard was that Really sick Vets..the 100% kind, dont like cold weather so they move south, and that is why the cold midwest states pay less. In other words the 100% disabled Vets congregate in the south. However, Maine is about as far North as you can get, and it is one of the highest paying states..except for New Mexico.

What it is is this:

Maine is soooooo cold that they just have ONE veteran, all the rest have fled south to avoid the cold. This ONE veteran, they pay him 100%, just to get him to stay, otherwise they'd have to shut down and all 2,500 VA employees in Maine would lose their jobs.

So, Maine, on the average, pays it's vet more than the average in any other state (they don't have a bunch of those 30 or 50%'ers doncha ya see?).

just wanna ask anyone ,"Is it clausable that these benifits are for ever?" or is it a patch,a temporary fix, I been on IU and SSDI since 2002 VA payed me back to 1998, Is it gonna end? when am I gonna get the C&P? Is that designed to cut you off? CAUSE IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT TO ME not trying to burst any bubbles but I"am really concerned..you know if they want they can say you can work selling news papers...What is in store around the corner what is the rule thumb? is it posible to never get a C&P? really I'am new to this..the C&P thing seems hostile are they really out to cut us off?

We have read that a 100% P+T veteran is not assured the 100 until 20 years pass..I was 30% for 3 years then they said Malaria was gone and reduced my benefit to 20% for almost 40 years. For the last 2 years I am 100% P+T and over 55 years old (of course). It was a huge struggle and we veterans stuggle each and every day for what we deserve...I believe we need to constantly contact our policians to remind them. I do once a month. We were disabled since we left the service so we have been unable to achive the rank of someone who has not been disagnosed with a disability.

I know 18 Vets here in the South and 14 are 100% P+T and each of us had at least one C+P before being awarded or should I say our well deserved claim... Vietnam wounds usually do not get better and as age is getting upon all of us Vietnam Vets we slowly become more injured... The 100%ers are on IU....

So 100% is not guaranteed until 20 years pass. I like enjoy the comments of poolguy11550 because the postings from him hit the mark every time.

God Bless our Troops and Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet: I disagree with your statement that "Il, and Indiana pay Vets about $4000 per year less than Vets in New Mexico or New England (according to the Attorney General's report)." Could you "please" post a link to back up this statement. To the best of my knowledge the VA rate is the same nationally and internationally. I believe that report either pertained to vets awarded claims vs vets denied claims, or those vets received more SMC but the basic rate is the basic rate. Thanks!

pr