VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Updating Your C And P Exam

Rate this question

hotcoffee2

Question

http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPub....asp?pub_ID=311

i am sorry, i can't select all, copy, paste pdf documents. but for anyone that is going for a decision, you should read this. it allows the c and p to be repeated, provided the c and p is obsolete.

this applies in my case. big time. there have been two additional emgs, six additional neuro appointments. and a totally different diagnosis.

if someone could be so kind and get the url copy and pasted into this post it may be helpful.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, that's good because after my C&P exam I had another test done that showed a condition they did not detect. I might just shoot this off to them at my VAMC which is where the C&P took place.

• HadIt.com Elder

A few notes on this directive:

1. The original author (doctor, FNP, PA, etc.) of the C&P has to authorize the changes. If the original author gave you a unfavorable C&P, chances are they may not amend the report at a later date. I don't know what happens if the original author has moved on and is no longer at the VHA or contracted facility.

2. This directive is set to expire in five months.

3. This is a biggie; if you have new evidence added to a old C&P, then that will blow your earliest effective date of claim. The VA can and most likely will award based on the new evidence, and therefore will use the date of receipt of new evidence as the date of the award. They will argue that the previous evidence did not merit the award. Given this, it is my opinion that it would be better to let a current claim or appeal play out in entirety, then file for a increase based upon the new evidence. If you add something to the pot late in the game, you are just giving them ammunition to screw with you.

rental,

VA is trying to get out of paying me an earlier effective date

based on a newer C&P that finally resulted in a SC grant.

What VA hasn't realized yet and admitted to is that this

newer C&P is not actually new - but cumulative evidence.

A different C&P examiner stated the same thing as the C&P

examiner did in 1978, the decision maker just happened to

actually read and weigh it this time.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey, that's good because after my C&P exam I had another test done that showed a condition they did not detect. I might just shoot this off to them at my VAMC which is where the C&P took place.

Hotcoffee2, go to your control panel, add/remove programs. Remove adobe. then go to the adobe site and download the latest version.

Then run the program.

J