VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Reply From Iris.....

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

We show an appeal for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) was filed on June 18, 2008. We are still working on that appeal. We received an appeal on October 23, 2008. We are still working on establishing that appeal. You should be receiving a letter regarding that appeal shortly. WE show no other appeals, or current claims.

If you submitted an application or other supporting evidence between April 14, 2007 and October 14, 2008, and you believe VA does not have the document, you should submit a request for consideration under 'VA's Special Claims Handling Procedures for Missing Documents'. Your request should be made in writing and sent to your local Regional Office or through your Veterans Service Officer.

Your request should include the date the document was originally submitted to VA. To support your statement, please include copies of any of the missing documents, if available, such as a copy of your application form, a dated transmittal or cover sheet from your Veterans Service Officer, or confirmation from the mail deliverer.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

I got this reply from VA a couple hours after I wrote them for update on several NODS i submitted. More smoke?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I would like to know the status of claim and pending NOD'S.Nods filed 04/18/08, 06/15/08,08/14/08, 06/16/08, 09/26/08, 10/03/08 and any other nods or request's, such as delivery of my c-file to B H, my attorney. It has been nearly eight mos., since first nod was filed. I would appreciate an update of the progress of these issues

Sorry guys I think my last post was rather vague. I was just fishing and thought the response from them was probably typical. Like should I hold my breath for that forthcoming letter. I am more interested in getting my c-file first. The last nod/appeal was for my c-file and other things. But if they give me a rate in crease in the meantime, that would be a plus. The 04/18/08 nod was for the increase. Hope this is a little more clear.

ok, dumb question here, what is Iris and how do I use it. I have established a Ebenefits account so that I can see where exactly I am at on my appeal. I am not trying to hijack his post, just curious as I am considering ALL options with the BVA.

qwiksting,

IRIS is written communication with VA through the internet, like an email...they will respond to your question, but it's not always correct, as I have found. You access it through the VA.gov website and ask the question through their site.

• HadIt.com Elder

It may not be the most effective form of communication. However it has one positive attribute.

The response you receive is officially in writing and you can hold it against them.

Basser

Here is a picture of most of my records, there are a few I could not find from many years ago... but at what point are there enough?

The more times we have to communicate on a claim, the better chance they deny have to deny the claim ...and the greater the water gets muddied and.... the more tangled the web gets weaved. My file is about 4 inches thick now. It would take me a week to dig up a sheet with on all my evidence on it that I have submitted. Often they will take a statement in a claim that we made on the supplemental evidence form and add another item or aspect from that statement that is totally a different claim. A claim that you purposely haven't actually submitted yet, but plan to. They do this I think to confuse and delay the claim longer. Each time they add any item, it gives them 30 mores days with the alibi they are waiting on your evidence on the new item before they can work any of it. Unless you have all the evidence which most of the time you do not, You then must send the form back signed saying I have no more evidence to prevent the delay. They do this especially on a claim with terminally ill people.

post-5809-0-96031900-1334438699_thumb.jp