VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Defaming Dr. Bash

Rate this question

hotcoffee2

Question

my god, the rights i served as a viet nam era vet undemined by a moderator of hadit. im on probation. my posts will be monitored for a week per the pm for complaining about my treatment by dr. bash. in medico-legal terms the man abandoned me with less than three weeks left to file my 1151 claim. i felt his posts were odd and inappropriate. we have been corresponding since august. i wonder if the other veterans who have complained of bash, have also been placed in the monitor category for defaming him.

tonight i am told i cannot defame him.....these represent my opinion and 'we know what an opinion is"

critizing a moderator is a sanctionable offense. well ive been criticized several time by moderators and minimally or did not respond. what is an example of cricitzing? not playing the moderator's game? "i would not say that" as an example, peppers some of my posts. can be viewed in the dr. bash posts. para "he's beloved and helped so many". in essence my opinion doesn't count? this is not constructive to other vets who consider using him in the future. my posts outside of this of the last are closed. the last entry of dr bash 3 was erased several times. i sent tbird a message.....i wonder if it will be delivered.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish to set the record straight here. I am not going to start a shouting match, or further drive a wedge between members of this board. Enough of that has happened already with the manner in which this topic was breached.

Yesterday at 4:53PM, hotcoffee2 posted a thread called Dr. Bashed, a personal story. In the initial post, she shared her private emails between her and the dr, even though he clearly asked her not to do so in his correspondence. She then went on to post that Dr. bash had ulterior motives (which is synonymous with a dishonorable secondary motive). She then went on to accuse the doctor of screwing over a number of vets. Her exact quote was, "i think there are an equal number of less outspoken people who have been screwed by this guy." At 8:46 PM in that thread I gave her a warning that defaming Dr. Bash would not be tolerated here.

Yesterday at 7:16PM, hotcoffee2 posted a thread called Bashed 2. In the initial post she posted more private communications from Dr. Bash. There were already members showing concern that she was taking her anger out on this board.

At 8:41 yesterday evening I was notified that hotcoffee2 had taken pot shots at me in another thread. They were very trite; namely calling me rentalhead and labeling my posts to her as rantings. The triteness is exactly my point, however. Under normal circumstances, this would have been no big deal at all. When put together with all of the other immature posts that had been made by her that evening, I decided that enough was enough.

This morning she posted the exact same vitriole for a third time. She even accused the doctor of breaking the law by abandoning a patient. I have searched high and low for such a law, and have yet to find it. Wings was kind enough to post a AMA ethics piece that deals with the matter, but that is not a law. These allegations of "screwing" veterans and breaking the law are libelous and defamatory. They can disrupt a person's business, and that is against the law. It is also illegal to post the correspondence of another without their knowledge or permission. Dr. Bash had the reasonable expectations of privacy and discretion when he sent those emails. Not only can there be ramifications against the author of the comments, but against hadit as well. This cannot, and will not be tolerated.

hotcoffee2:

I have approved all of your posts since last night, with the exception of the one that Tbird ok'd this morning. I had to think long and hard about approving your reply to Quint7 in this thread, though. I chose to approve it because of the half-truths that you said in it. I told you clearly when and how you crossed the line last night. Go back and read your own threads. The reason that others have been able to criticize Dr. Bash without recrimination here is because they did so in a responsible manner. They spoke of their own experiences without resorting to betraying the privacy of the doctor. They also did not accuse the doctor of anything other than charging a high price for less than expected results.

As I said above, the poke at me would have been a non-issue under different circumstances. However, I took your condesending tone with myself and other members over the last several weeks into consideration when making my decision. I even went so far as to give you a polite warning on November 18th about your tone. To which I received more condesention in reply. You have also accused myself and another moderator of blocking pm access to you, which we would never do to any member. You post repetitively when you don't get an answer to your question within your timeframe, never considering that only a few may have the answer you need. When someone tries to point out a correction to you, you take great offense to it. I honestly don't know how to please you, but I do know that I can't please everyone all the time.

I will ask you openly, so that my words cannot be skewed, one last time, please tone down your rhetoric. No one here is out to get you. We all feel badly that Dr. Bash dropped your case at the last minute. We all think it was a horrible thing to do. But we are all adult enough to realize that he most likely had his reasons, whatever they may be. The recent posts that you have made help no veteran in any way, and they carry the possibility of causing rifts between members here, which is the last thing that we need. We are all here to help one another, so please get on board.

• HadIt.com Elder
I wish to set the record straight here. I am not going to start a shouting match, or further drive a wedge between members of this board. Enough of that has happened already with the manner in which this topic was breached.

Yesterday at 4:53PM, hotcoffee2 posted a thread called Dr. Bashed, a personal story. In the initial post, she shared her private emails between her and the dr, even though he clearly asked her not to do so in his correspondence. She then went on to post that Dr. bash had ulterior motives (which is synonymous with a dishonorable secondary motive). She then went on to accuse the doctor of screwing over a number of vets. Her exact quote was, "i think there are an equal number of less outspoken people who have been screwed by this guy." At 8:46 PM in that thread I gave her a warning that defaming Dr. Bash would not be tolerated here.

Yesterday at 7:16PM, hotcoffee2 posted a thread called Bashed 2. In the initial post she posted more private communications from Dr. Bash. There were already members showing concern that she was taking her anger out on this board.

At 8:41 yesterday evening I was notified that hotcoffee2 had taken pot shots at me in another thread. They were very trite; namely calling me rentalhead and labeling my posts to her as rantings. The triteness is exactly my point, however. Under normal circumstances, this would have been no big deal at all. When put together with all of the other immature posts that had been made by her that evening, I decided that enough was enough.

This morning she posted the exact same vitriole for a third time. She even accused the doctor of breaking the law by abandoning a patient. I have searched high and low for such a law, and have yet to find it. Wings was kind enough to post a AMA ethics piece that deals with the matter, but that is not a law. These allegations of "screwing" veterans and breaking the law are libelous and defamatory. They can disrupt a person's business, and that is against the law. It is also illegal to post the correspondence of another without their knowledge or permission. Dr. Bash had the reasonable expectations of privacy and discretion when he sent those emails. Not only can there be ramifications against the author of the comments, but against hadit as well. This cannot, and will not be tolerated.

hotcoffee2:

I have approved all of your posts since last night, with the exception of the one that Tbird ok'd this morning. I had to think long and hard about approving your reply to Quint7 in this thread, though. I chose to approve it because of the half-truths that you said in it. I told you clearly when and how you crossed the line last night. Go back and read your own threads. The reason that others have been able to criticize Dr. Bash without recrimination here is because they did so in a responsible manner. They spoke of their own experiences without resorting to betraying the privacy of the doctor. They also did not accuse the doctor of anything other than charging a high price for less than expected results.

As I said above, the poke at me would have been a non-issue under different circumstances. However, I took your condesending tone with myself and other members over the last several weeks into consideration when making my decision. I even went so far as to give you a polite warning on November 18th about your tone. To which I received more condesention in reply. You have also accused myself and another moderator of blocking pm access to you, which we would never do to any member. You post repetitively when you don't get an answer to your question within your timeframe, never considering that only a few may have the answer you need. When someone tries to point out a correction to you, you take great offense to it. I honestly don't know how to please you, but I do know that I can't please everyone all the time.

I will ask you openly, so that my words cannot be skewed, one last time, please tone down your rhetoric. No one here is out to get you. We all feel badly that Dr. Bash dropped your case at the last minute. We all think it was a horrible thing to do. But we are all adult enough to realize that he most likely had his reasons, whatever they may be. The recent posts that you have made help no veteran in any way, and they carry the possibility of causing rifts between members here, which is the last thing that we need. We are all here to help one another, so please get on board.

I agree with your post Rental Guy, and I support your position and believe you have laid out the history with truth, accuracy and substance.

Hotcoffee, you need to chill. You claim to be a pathology expert, of sorts; you should be able to secure another IMO without too much difficulty. Why did you wait so long to ask for help from Dr. Bash; and why him, why not ask for assistence from one of your previous employers? Your post (below) suggests personal history with Dr. Bash; "negotiating" to "help him with some of his cases" ... perhaps you overstepped some boundries??? ~Wings

Posted by: hotcoffee2 Dec 4 2008, 02:50 PM ... if you look at my posts outside of the rantings of rental, they have been for the most part medical opinions. i am a former patholgist's assistant and well schooled, board certified in pathology. if you have a medical record that you can send me i will do my best to find the nexus. for free. i was negotiating with dr.bash to help him with some of his cases. he decided that i was weak in areas of nuclear scanning. an area of his expertise. also things to due with the pituitary ardrenal axis he called me a neophyte (paraphrase). but cardio im fine. and will look at your records if you choose to send them. this is the best offer i can make. post back and ill pm you with address. what do you have to lose. no im not a 'medical expert' but if a credible nexus can be defined..there is a reg that rentalhead posted about VA medical caretakers writing a supporting document. you need a paper trail and at minimun i can do that. up to you dear heart. as a path asst., i was directly under the pathologist. we make more bucks than a physician asst. i was required to read the patient's medical record and prepare the PAD or 'preliminary assessment of death. i am well familiar with cardiology probs. if you review dr. bash's credentials/licenses they include licenses as a maryland medical examiner....that's a pathologist in short order. if you want me to print his cv i'd be delighted.

have set your account to Moderator Preview. This means that a moderator will need to read and approve your posts for the next 7 days. I have taken this action because several of your most recent posts have crossed the line. You have, in effect, defamed a medical doctor and also showed blatant disrespect to a moderator. I hope that you will take this time to cool off and put whatever difficulties that you are currently going through behind you.

rentalguy1

im not goint on with this anymore. seems silly at this point. dr. bash was considering me to help him. would you like to see the email? i don't think you can defame someone with their own words. you defame someone with false statemtments. there were some real gems in his emails. sorry for the folks that missed it. did you get to read them wings.....? you contributed a large piece on ama patient abandonment. why did you do that?

as for blatant disrepect of a moderator i presume that was the tb guy who kept telling me not to post his emails. and yes, it was for the people who in the future had thoughts of using him. his emails revealed an unscrupulousness and disregard for me as his patient. if he can do it to me, he can do it to others. he's in it for the money. (that is a thread that runs through his emails). rental, he asked me not to share that he was taking my case free. he didnt want it to get around as he would be inundated with vets that wanted their cases done for nothing. NOT that he didnt want me to post. a little magical thinking going on there. kiddo

i first started speaking with him in august. he would not do my case because others have paid and they came first. and of course, i had to do my own case and type it up as well. i'd be delighted to post what i have thus far. and......

how would a pathologist contribute to a case about a foot deformity? it's not in their field and scope of training? sheeeeeeesh.

end of the show kids. let's bring the curtain down. caveat emptor.