VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Right Med, Wrong Doc!

Rate this topic

Oh yes....the level of stupidity at the pharmacy of the Dayton VA just continues to amaze me. I just caught another error on their part. Well, it's either an error, or they are trying to cover another doc's butt.

I was looking at my latest script from the pdoc I saw last week when I noticed that the name of the doc on the bottle isn't the name of the doc I saw!!! The name on the bottle is actually the supervisor of the department. Strange.

Plus I looked up this new med with my med interaction list....geeeez....so not good. I'm calling the pharmacy tomorrow and ask some questions.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my first thought. Makes me wonder why a pdoc would loose his script-writing privilege...and if that's true...why is he still seeing pts???

As soon as I have his full name from my records (I'll get the copies this week); I'll try to check his license out on the internet. But he isn't from this country...might not be easy.

Hello Purple,

This individual may be a resident. If that is the case, the attending signs of on scripts, consults, etc. Normally, the VA Hospitals are "teaching" hospitals.

Tayo

• HadIt.com Elder

Some scripts have to be approved by department chiefs. I guess it was done to save time. Probably no big deal. Check into it for your own piece of mind though.

J