VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arrangement Of Medical Record During C&p Exam

Rate this question

PE1

Question

Should I arrange my Medical Record in chronological order or by complaint? I think that by complaint it will be easier to find each supporting document. But the medical record is in chronological order. I think it's easier and faster to find each visit. And the examiner doesn't have to go fishing for information.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tag the pertinent records but keep in chronological order- just in case you get a C&P examiner whom really does their exam by the book. Most likely the examiner will not even want to touch your records.

• HadIt.com Elder

Arrange all your records IN chronological order BY complaint. In other words, both. send any records to the RO in the same fashion. Be sure to have a copy to leave with the examiner, that way he/she will be more likely to actually look at them.

I just read AR 40-66 and it says to put the SF 600s in chronological order with the most recent on top. That makes it hard to find notes. No wonder people don't get the right rating. It would take all day to find each individual note for each complaint.

However you send them into the VA, make sure and number the pages. I used labels with my name, ssn, date, and page x of y pages on each page of evidence I submitted after my original application (I hadn't read this handy little tip until then). That way, when you get your cfile you will know if they kept everything you sent them and I personally think they may be a little less likely to "lose" some of your med records if they are pages 13 - 28 of 30 pages.

My C&P doc wouldn't look at anything I brought in, she said she was only authorized to review the cfile, which she had done. When I asked her where it was (had read that the cfile sometimes doesn't even make it to the C&P exam but the vet never knows that) she pointed it out and said it was well organized.

Later, when I got a copy of my cfile I reviewed the VA C&P request and it had all my records tabbed in more or less chronological order.

Now, having said that, I have read here that other vets have been able to hand med records over to the examiner during the C&P exam and they will actually read them so I would err on the side of caution and take two copies of everything with me - one for the examiner and one to refer to myself.

I would also ask, very politely, where my cfile was and if the examiner had reviewed it. I read this either here or on another vet site and it worked well for me. The shrink did a good job of putting me at ease in assuring me that yes, the cfile was right there and yes, she had reviewed it and then she offered that it was one of the most complete cfiles she'd had so my thanks to whatever person in the VA who actually tabbed everything for her review because she service connected me slam dunk and stated my bp was chronic since military and made me 100% disabled because my sx made me unable to work.

Of course, the VA turned around and low balled me 50% but another NOD and several years later I got 100% P&T.

Hope this helps,

TS Snave