VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Apply For Tdiu

Rate this question

Guest allison

Question

I’m 60% SC for ruptured sphincter muscle and 50% SC for mood disorder with a combined of 90%, I’m currently working but, having a difficult time, I want to put in for IU but I’m afraid to quit my job, I need my income with a family of 8, any suggestions? I’m willing to listen.

Thanks,

Allison

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I’m 60% SC for ruptured sphincter muscle  and 50% SC for mood disorder  with a combined of 90%, I’m currently working but, having a difficult time, I want to put in for IU but I’m afraid to quit my job, I need my income with a family of 8, any suggestions? I’m willing to listen.

Thanks,

Allison

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it possible to take a disability retirement from your job. It is hard to get IU if you are working above the poverty level. Does you job offer any group disability insurance policy? Sometimes you can sneak into these plans without a physical.

Is it possible to take a disability retirement from your job.  It is hard to get IU if you are working above the poverty level. Does you job offer any group disability insurance policy?  Sometimes you can sneak into these plans without a physical.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I would not be able to take disability retirement, I’ve only been with this job for 2yrs, I retired from the Army in 2000, I did VOCREHAB and received my AAS in 2003, and started working, my job is aggravating my disabilities and I really need to quit.

• HadIt.com Elder
No I would not be able to take disability retirement, I’ve only been with this job for 2yrs, I retired from the Army in 2000, I did VOCREHAB and received my AAS in 2003, and started working, my job is aggravating my disabilities and I really need to quit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know your finances, but you are already 90 % so you could get IU fairly easy, have you checked with social security to see what you would be entitled to, also if you have lil ones they would also get a check.

Do you work for a private company?

You know your finances, but you are already 90 % so you  could get IU fairly easy, have you checked with social security to see what you would be entitled to, also if you have lil ones they would also get a check.

Do you work for a private company?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>