VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Form For My Doctor?

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hugh,

No form is required the Va. will use a form when they send you to there Dr.Look at Benefits/Claims above, then Claims Successfull on leftenter Vets Mjedical Avisor for a sample letter. But all what you need is a letter that you have the condition, it's effect on you, his treatment for how long last time he saw you your outlook is non-curable only worseing, his credentials. If not in your service records can he date it back?

Look at the law on service connected.

ausgmblr

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say that you need something from Doc if you are being treated outside the VA. It should be simple that you have Diabetes, that you served in Viet Nam and the Doctor diagnoses Diabetes II due to Agent Orange.

That would cover all the bases.

If the VA already has medical evidence that you have Diabetes simply asking should be enough

Good Luck

I am 20% SCed for diabetes presumptively caused by Agent Orange.

All my private doctor did was to write, on a prescription pad sheet, that I had been diagnosed with diabetes, the date of that determination, and what drugs I was taking for it.

The fact that I had served in Vietnam was not part of his comments. Those facts are supported by one's DD 214 and/or other other military records including medical records. A person's involvement in Vietnam will be discussed during the C&P exam. Furthermore, I was a clerk at that time so being out in the jungle is not a prerequisite for eligibility.

So...the doctor's assessment need only be simple as was mine and it can be hand-written on something as simple as a prescription pad. The sheet he wrote it on did have his name, phone, address, etc.

Ron

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use