VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medication

Rate this topic

Hello all,

I have shared my medication regime before on this site. Well, I just had to schedule my I.V. treatment. That treatment is every 2-3 months, depending on my labs. Well, the treatment is going to be in January.

You know, all the medicine I take (30 pills a day),,, it gets depressing. Then,,, having to look forward to this daggone I.V. treatment. The I.V. treatment is every 6 hours for 2 days. It gets extremely depressing. All this, for the rest of my life (remember, I'm 35), just to stay alive. I feel like,,, if I take a piss test,,, the poor technician would go crazy trying to figure out what's in it. ---I guess that is kind of funny.---

It feels lonely. Almost like going through this all by myself. How do you all cope with what's going on with yourself? How do you find the strength to say,, well, all is going to be well.

My question,,, with everything that is going on,,, what do you do to take your mind off of your illness (especially the medication part)? Then, having to fight with the VA to get your benefits?

Tayo

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Tayo, First you cant let it eat at you.

You have to give yourself something to look forward to.

Find something that you enjoy that would occupy your time.

You have a special gift that can be used to help people.

J

tayo,

When you go for your IV treatments can you take a mini DVD player with headphones ?

One of the tools I use to help me get thru everything, is being on Hadit trying to help

other veterans and VA Claimants.

j is so right, you can't let it all eat away at you.

Hang in there - and keep in mind that sometimes new medical procedures

can come about.

Good luck,

carlie