VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Current Agent Orange Presumptive List,

Rate this question

Commander Bob

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

VA's Agent Orange website... www.VA.gov/AgentOrange...

Here is the current Agent Orange presumptive list, November, 2008, if you don't want to wait for the download at the VA website.

Health Conditions Presumptively Recognized to Date

The information contained in this article updates earlier issues of this newsletter. We are providing it again because of the high level of interest and because we know that some readers are seeing it for the first time. For more information, see www.VA.gov/AgentOrange.

The following health conditions are presumptively recognized for service connection for Vietnam veterans, based on exposure to herbicides and related materials during the Vietnam War. Vietnam veterans with one or more of these conditions do not have to show that their illness(es) is (are) related to their military service to get disability compensation. VA presumes that their condition is service-connected.

Conditions Recognized in Veterans:

Chloracne (must occur within 1 year of exposure to Agent Orange)

Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma

Soft tissue sarcoma (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi’s sarcoma, or mesothelioma)

Hodgkin’s disease

Porphyria cutanea tarda (must occur within 1 year of exposure)

Multiple myeloma

Respiratory cancers, including cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus

Prostate cancer

Acute and subacute transient peripheral neuropathy (must appear within 1 year of exposure and resolve within 2 years of date of onset)

Type 2 diabetes

Chronic lymphocytic leukemia

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When VA made DMII presumptive for AO they stepped in it. This is why they are going to try and wait until most of us are dead before they grant anymore of these broad presumptive claims unless Obama helps out somehow. This is my opinion. You know with these scrooges it is always about the cash. If they were to grant presumption for vascular or heart conditions it would cost them billions.

http://www.floridalegion.org/index.php?opt...&Itemid=115

Amyloidosis (AL not ALS) was added to the AO presumptive list in November 2008.

There has been scientific suggestion that heart disease (even without being complication of DMII) can be caused by dioxin exposure. This would cost the VA mega bucks- to SC heart disease to AO.

Yet one never knows if the AO presumptive list will continue to grow.

It sure has since I was first involved with the AO issue in 1991.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Berta, The VA could use you to up-date their website. Remember Fed Judge Whinestine (sp), and the $180 million dollar chem. co. law suit settlement? I testified twice before him to reject that deal. The Chemical companies got off the hook$$$.

I remember it well Commander Bob-my husband and then I as his widow were in the original AO lawsuit.

The fact that vets were awarded AO settlement money due to disability due to AO in this lawsuit meant nothing to the VA as far as VA AO compensation.

I often wonder how that 180 million was actually broken down for the vets who got it.

• HadIt.com Elder

The $180 million went fast. A Vietnam vet peer committee, of sorts, was set up to distribute the cash. If I remember correctly, a donation was made to research effects Agent Orange had on the children of AO vets. The rest was passed out first come first serve. It amounted to a hand full of silver per vet with a disability who applied. Many combat wounded vets reported that they recived a letter stating that they did not quilfy because thier disibialty may not be AO related. What did they know back then?.... I refused to participate in the distribution. IMHO, it was a sellout. The lawyers got a large chunck of the pay off.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

VA's Agent Orange website... www.VA.gov/AgentOrange...

Here is the current Agent Orange presumptive list, November, 2008, if you don't want to wait for the download at the VA website.

Health Conditions Presumptively Recognized to Date

The information contained in this article updates earlier issues of this newsletter. We are providing it again because of the high level of interest and because we know that some readers are seeing it for the first time. For more information, see www.VA.gov/AgentOrange.

The following health conditions are presumptively recognized for service connection for Vietnam veterans, based on exposure to herbicides and related materials during the Vietnam War. Vietnam veterans with one or more of these conditions do not have to show that their illness(es) is (are) related to their military service to get disability compensation. VA presumes that their condition is service-connected.

Conditions Recognized in Veterans:

Chloracne (must occur within 1 year of exposure to Agent Orange)

Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma

Soft tissue sarcoma (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi's sarcoma, or mesothelioma)

Hodgkin's disease

Porphyria cutanea tarda (must occur within 1 year of exposure)

Multiple myeloma

Respiratory cancers, including cancers of the lung, larynx, trachea, and bronchus

Prostate cancer

Acute and subacute transient peripheral neuropathy (must appear within 1 year of exposure and resolve within 2 years of date of onset)

Type 2 diabetes

Chronic lymphocytic leukemia