VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss

Rate this question

clink

Question

I posted a question in "How to do it" several days ago regarding my helping a WWII Vet get SC for hearing loss. His ititial claim was denied in March '07 but we have filed a NOD and it appears after his latest audiology test (Nov '08) he will be granted SC. The auduologist reported that "it is as least as likely as not the veteran's hearing loss is caused by or related to military service noise exposure." What puzzles me, as I stated in this post, is the exam now shows his score on the Maryland CNC has imporoved to 72% ® and 80% (l) when it was 24% ® and 60% (l) in Sept '07 at the VA audio clinic. That will lower his disability compensation from 50% to 10% accoding to the rating tables. I thought hearing always got worse, rather than better! Can someone suggest the best way to approach the disrepency when the rating decsion arrives in the next several weeks? Has anyone experienced an improved hearing score from year to year?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I posted a question in "How to do it" several days ago regarding my helping a WWII Vet get SC for hearing loss. His ititial claim was denied in March '07 but we have filed a NOD and it appears after his latest audiology test (Nov '08) he will be granted SC.

Congratulations clink. Better late than never.