VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champ Va

Rate this question

red

Question

My wife has champ va. She recently fell and broke her hip and had to have a full hip replacement. Medicare kicked her out of rehab at a acute facility. I placed her in a step down facility today where i was told that after 20 days that medicare would pay for, champ va would take over but I would have to pay 30 percent of the bill for anything over what medicare paid for. Has anyone had any dealings like this/ The step down facility is a nursing home that has a rehab/pt center in it. Thanks for any info.

rdbug57@aol.com

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If they accept Medicare, then they are supposed to accept Medicare as full payment. In other words they have agreed to accept what Medicare has offered to pay them for specific services.

Or, at least that is the way I thought that it works.

But, I may be getting confused (happens a lot lately) because I have that "Medicare Advantage" plan that I pay an extra $100 or so a month for, over and above plain Medicare, and that may be what I'm thinking about.

Anyway, sorry to hear of her plight and may she get the heck outta them places ASAP (they LIKE Medicare patients and will keep them as long as possible)!

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry is correct.

I am sorry how is your wife doing? Been a long time since you have posted.

Thanks, My wife is still suffering from the strokes she had almost 4 years ago. Her lack of balance caused this fall. So far since the stroke she has broke her collar bone, her knee cap, her hand, and now her hip. It has been a tough fight for her but she is such a great person and keeps a good attitude.

As for me, I had a triple bypass in May and I am getting along well. My main goal in life now is to take care of her and allow her to enjoy life as much as possible. By the way, she always has been and still is a beauty. Thanks again Pete for asking.