VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Go To 100% Ptsd From 70 And Iu

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Just how hard is it to get to 100% for PTSD... I have a very good batch of private doctor reports going back to 2004 each year I get a new report and across the board they say Poor.... has anyone gotten 100% PTSD? I hope not but with the problems happening maybe us with 70% IU and SSD will get shafted on the IU so I want to test the waters... I have a total of 9 years of twice a month doctor visits the last 5 with a private doc... My chances are???????????

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

One way to go in the backdoor on this issue is to apply for housebound. If you are, indeed, houseboung the VA will have to award 100% if they award HB. A friend of mine did it this way. He proved he was housebound and then the VA bumped him up to 100% from 70% IU.

Unfortunately, you also have to be nearly totally incapacitated in every aspect of your life to get 100% for a adjustment or anxiety disorder. You should go to the mental health claim repository and look at the 100% criteria before filing the claim. It will also be much easier for the VA to reduce your compensation in the future if a single medical exam shows some improvement. It is much harder for them to reduce TDIU if you don't go back to work and send in your employment questionnaire every year. Don't wait on them to send it to you, print one off, fill it out, and send it in on your own.

I never get an employment questionaire from the VA?

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder
I never get an employment questionaire from the VA?

Cavman

Me neither ~Wings

Just how hard is it to get to 100% for PTSD... I have a very good batch of private doctor reports going back to 2004 each year I get a new report and across the board they say Poor.... has anyone gotten 100% PTSD? I hope not but with the problems happening maybe us with 70% IU and SSD will get shafted on the IU so I want to test the waters... I have a total of 9 years of twice a month doctor visits the last 5 with a private doc... My chances are???????????

Just wondering, when you were granted 70% IU did it also say no future exams?

Cavman