VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Go To 100% Ptsd From 70 And Iu

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Just how hard is it to get to 100% for PTSD... I have a very good batch of private doctor reports going back to 2004 each year I get a new report and across the board they say Poor.... has anyone gotten 100% PTSD? I hope not but with the problems happening maybe us with 70% IU and SSD will get shafted on the IU so I want to test the waters... I have a total of 9 years of twice a month doctor visits the last 5 with a private doc... My chances are???????????

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Halos2,I was rated 30% PTSD and i filed a notice of disagreement and ask for a De novo Dro and seven months later i was rated 100% Ptsd TP. It don't make any different what precentage you are rated,if your psychiatrist or psychologist write a statement saying that you are unable to be gainful employable now,and in the furure,because of your post-traumatic stress disorder,you will be granted 100%,and this is base on my rating and other veterans that i personaly know that was rated 100%.

mobie

Mobie,

How about posting a reg to support this or a link to some case's that show it,

or scanning in your rating decision - reasons and bases for us to have a look-see.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA did not send me an employment questionaire so I made an affirmative statement over the phone to the VA and they accepted that as equivalent to my questionaire. I quizzed them about this via IRIS and the VA called me and told me that they had my statement that I had not worked since 2001 and that was enough to affirm my TDIU status. I think the only good reason to go for 100% vs TDIU is some kind of A&A. Once you get P&T you don't really want to mess with that if it means that you lose it when you get 100% schedular. P&T lets you sleep at night. Even when you get P&T it is still important to stay in treatment. These creeps can wait until your 19th year at 100% and then call you in for an exam and try and reduce you. If you read the criteria for 100% for a mental condition you are talking about a major disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

Caveman

In Florida you have to be permanently and totally disabled to get the maximum state benefits. I am TDIU P&T and I got the maximum state benefits in Florida. All you really get is a the exemption from property tax and cheap plates for your car. If you are on SSD and are totally disabled you can get the tax exemption from what I have read in Florida anyway.

well i applied for a 100% vs a 70% and IU .... i told them i planned on moving to a state that required 100% for benefits it will take time but i will see for evidence i sent 5 past years of doctors reports ... from a IMO