VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu

Rate this question

graham-nsa

Question

Hi, I am new to Hadit and I have a few questions for the talented folks on this site.

I have just recieved an increase in rating from 50 to 80% and now at the advice of my SVO to apply for IU. My ratings are as follows 10% Tinitus, 20% TMJ, 30% Migraine, 30% neck c6, and 40% Lumbar. giving me a combined amount of 80%. 1.What are the chances of recieving this,

2. How long does it take, 3. when and if does it become perminent.

Cheers

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Graham and welcome aboard.

Also, thanks for your service to the nation.

I don't have the expertise to answer your question, however, I'm sure one of the more senior members or moderators will come along soon to answer and move this to an appropriate forum on the site, maybe Vets research, where it will be seen by more members.

Hi, I am new to Hadit and I have a few questions for the talented folks on this site.

I have just recieved an increase in rating from 50 to 80% and now at the advice of my SVO to apply for IU. My ratings are as follows 10% Tinitus, 20% TMJ, 30% Migraine, 30% neck c6, and 40% Lumbar. giving me a combined amount of 80%. 1.What are the chances of recieving this,

Cheers

Hey Graham!

I filed my claim as far back as 2002. I am now in my 7th year and it's PENDING Review by an AJ at the BVA!

Depending on your conditions, C&P exam write up, what RO is developing your case, if someone actually does their job, and how many claims are before yours, etc., it could take no more then a year(RO) to seven years(BVA)!

So, I suggest lying back, and reading a few good books! :lol:

• HadIt.com Elder

Cheers

Congratulations on the SC increase, graham-nsa.

do you have a full time job? Are you working now?

• HadIt.com Elder

Cheers

Hey Graham, Welcome to Hadit.

We sure get a lot of folks with BAck and Neck problems from Military service. I am also SCD at 40 for C5/C6.

You meet the requirements for IU with your ratings with 1 at 40.

The Important things to consider are this.

1: Are you currently working?

2: Filling out the IU form. Fill it out and turn it in. The VA states they will not award IU w/o the form.

3: Md opinions. If yoiu have any outside medical opinions that you cannot work due to your SC issues turn them in. If you dont have them, Try to get them.

4: SSDI: If you are eligible for SSDi have you applied and received or are you planning to apply for SSDI. This is an asset for IU but not a gurarantee.

5: I always advise everyone here to get a copy of all their records that the RO has. The Claims folder.

6: Your VSO can help you. We can also help here at HAdit. You can also help yourself if you want to research the regs on unemployability in the link to the 38.cfr adjudication section of the regs. I can post a link if you need one, just shoot me a pm or click on the Basser.

Again welcome to HAdit and Thank you for your service.

J

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey Graham, Welcome to Hadit.

We sure get a lot of folks with BAck and Neck problems from Military service. I am also SCD...

Good evening jbasser, ..You are a terrific Moderator, and Elder. graham-nsa, is most fortunate to come aboard, indeed. Thanks for being there.

Thanks for the replies.

I have not worked for 1 1/2 years now due to my injuries and debilitating migraine problems.

I sustained my neck and back injuries while working in an ICBM silo in Wyoming (FE WARREN AFB)in 1982 which are documented thou out my 20 year service. I was also medically cross trained due to the nature of the heavy work. The injuries have become more aggravated with age to a point where I cannot get realisticly get employed. I applied for an increase in % 21 July 08 in FL and had a decision 1 month after C&P exam which was November which I was rather surprised.

I have worked and served the Military and I really wish I could work and use my GI Bill but these conditions at this point prohibit me from doing so. I will go as suggested and see if my base physician will write a letter. Any other help greatly apprecited.