VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increasing Disability

Rate this question

armyvet49

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello armyvet49. From your post you were awarded 40% 10 years ago and nothing else since. Since medical conditions change over time the chances are they have not gotten any better but worse. Ask for the increase with help from a VSO. This is what happen to me. I got my frist claim awarded in Feb. 08 and ask for an increase in July of 08. and got it appfovd in NOV. 08. I went from 40% to 80%. That gets me into total disability range which is being put together now and will probably be in the mail to the VA within a month. Remember the VA won't give you anything, you have to ask for it and if they turn it down go the VSO and file a nottice of Disagreement. They have to tell you why they turned it down. My personal opinion is you will win this one. Good luck

"In 1999 they gave me 10% for my left shoulder (osteoarthritis). Now years later it is really starting to bother me causing neck pain and headaches. Does anyone know if they can increase just this one condition"

Claim anything at all that could be secondary disability due to this condition.It sure could have an affect to your spine as J Basser said.

Are you able to work?

PS- does this condition cause you to favor or overuse the other shoulder/arm?

If so tell the VA that too.

Armyvet49-

Also since it has been 10 years....have you consistently seen a physician for your increased pain and issues affecting your disabilities? If the answer is yes, this will help your claim tremendously and get a copy of all of those records ASAP. If the answer is no......this could potentially be a big loophole that the VA could use to deny. Just a thought.

Armyvet49-

Also since it has been 10 years....have you consistently seen a physician for your increased pain and issues affecting your disabilities? If the answer is yes, this will help your claim tremendously and get a copy of all of those records ASAP. If the answer is no......this could potentially be a big loophole that the VA could use to deny. Just a thought.

No I haven't, I work in law enforcement and just try and tuff it out with hotwater bottles, ibuprofen, etc. It is now to the point that I need pain medication and muscles relaxers. I am going to see a private orthopedic this week.