VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Illness Forum Started

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

our member Scout2/2ACR suggested we start a Gulf War Illness Forum and i put it up this am. i hope our gulf war veterans find it helpful, please let your buddies know you have a home here at hadit.com

if you haven't checked out the VA's on Gulf War Illness it's worth at least a look here you go http://www1.va.gov/GulfWar/

tbird

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You know I have always wondered who was effected by this affliction the most? I was in the GW1 and I was as deep as anyone just about I hauled all the rounds shot and the bombs dropped and the powder that it took to put them down range and I worked day and Night 8hr sleep a week and I didn't get crap, burning tanks and dead and all. Is it the Infantry, tank crews, they were in the deepest. Seems to me I read a study done in England and no Gulf war Illness did not exist there in there troops we done most of the fighting? what are the facts on GW1 illness? Not to piss anyone off but this is true from my prospective. I was there.............

Edited by yoggie2

In answer to Yoggie2, it affects many. It affects us that were in the Infantry, the medic back at a corp hospital or those sitting in Ryahad. Did you take the little white pill? Was it recorded? Probably yes and no it wasn't recorded. I got the chance and pleasure to experience a gas event that after all this time has been releaded I beleive in 2005 in the form of a top level NBC report. We were told it was a coincedience when more than 12 M8 alarms malfunctioned at the same time. The NBC report confirmed positive results and that it was a low level sarin attack. This happened approcxemently 3 days prior to the ground forces entering Iraq. No we had no protective equipment except for our protectinve masks and boots. Our equipment was used when we did the initial occupation of AO Normandy in October 1990 andd were never resupplied.

I have since been diagnosed with PN (periphial neroupathy) and causlagia. Had knee surgery that didn't fit what the docs expected to see.

No, Gulf War Syndrom is real and does need to be addressed as a dibilitating affliction.