VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Help At Home

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Last time I saw my Primary Doc she wrote up a request or consult to help me out at home with my Meds. All of a sudden I have a Health Aid who is scheduled to come twice a week for 1 hour each visit. She is rubbing and massaging my feet and legs and making me do exercises, taking my blood pressure and temperature.

Also a nurse comes and is going to come once a week. She take vitals and does a blood glucose test and organizes my meds for a week. She says she will come every Thursday.

The Aid says that she could come more and fix meals and do light cleaning. I am a little bervous about having to worry about strangers coming into house and having to be ready for these visits although I do admit that the massages and exercises make me feel better.

One time they sent a nurse over for a short time to help me get my meds organized.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

This might be the basis of a higher level of A&A! Heh, heh, it all adds up. My nurse at the VA said I needed a cane. I told her I fell down a few times. Being screwed up translates into money in VA methodology.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

This might be the basis of a higher level of A&A! Heh, heh, it all adds up. My nurse at the VA said I needed a cane. I told her I fell down a few times. Being screwed up translates into money in VA methodology.

• Founder

oh pete that is wonderful, i know i could use those services, now if i can't just get out of the house and go to the doctor, ugh..i keep missing my doc appointments, rides cancel, i cancel, i am calling to see if they have a walk in clinic i think i am just to unreliable to make appointments

Last time I saw my Primary Doc she wrote up a request or consult to help me out at home with my Meds. All of a sudden I have a Health Aid who is scheduled to come twice a week for 1 hour each visit. She is rubbing and massaging my feet and legs and making me do exercises, taking my blood pressure and temperature.

Also a nurse comes and is going to come once a week. She take vitals and does a blood glucose test and organizes my meds for a week. She says she will come every Thursday.

The Aid says that she could come more and fix meals and do light cleaning. I am a little bervous about having to worry about strangers coming into house and having to be ready for these visits although I do admit that the massages and exercises make me feel better.

One time they sent a nurse over for a short time to help me get my meds organized.

Pete,

This sounds good.

I do understand you being nervous about strangers coming

over and having to be ready for them.

Hopefully they are all good and won't feel like strangers for too long.

Is this approved for a certain amount of time?

If it seems to be helping you - stick with it.

John's probably right on this supporting the A&A.

Give it some more time to see how it all works out.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

She came today and once again gave a nice foot and leg massage. We did exercises and next thursday she wants to clean my feet first before the massage. So far I am glad to be doing it. She is a nice lady and seems to be well trained. I asked her how she learned to massage so well. I think its a healing gift and she said that the program that trained her to be a health aide included how to give massages.

I don't really know how long it will last. I am going to call the Social Worker and see if I can get more info.

I think that the reason that VA is doing this is because I have A&A. The main reason for this thread is to let others know that VA will do this. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who has trouble with meds.

Edited by Pete53
fix a typo