VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recovery From Ptsd With Orthomolecular Therapy

Rate this topic

Thank you for providing this forum for the free flow of ideas and information! I was caught up in the mental health system for eight years, mostly at the VA, from 1974 to 1982. Those of us who received psychiatric treatment prior to the development of the PTSD diagnosis were usually labeled as schizophrenic, bi-polar, etc. These labels stuck, even after it was confirmed that stress could cause the same symptoms. After doing several years of research on my own, I learned about Orthomolecular Therapy based on tissue mineral analysis (a hair sample), and obtained it for myself at my own expense. In a few months, I regained my physical and mental health and was able to make the difficult withdrawal from psychiatric drugs. My VA doctor was furious about my use of this alternative therapy. http://www.arltma.com He refused to examine any of my tissue mineral analysis tests or my diet and supplement program and would not even say the word "orthomolecular", calling it "The Hoffer thing". He wrote for the VA record that I had had a "spontaneous remission" and never mentioned my use of this alternative technology. Then he fired me as a patient. Last July (2008), this same doctor, now a very big shot in the world of psychiatry, and about to be confirmed as president of the American Psychiatric Association, was called before the US Senate to answer charges of possible corruption for taking millions of unreported dollars from a drug company while doing government-funded research. For more information about orthomolecular therapy, see http://www.orthomed.org and search the term "adrenochrome theory of schizophrenia" on Google and investigate the the work of Drs. Linus Pauling (Two Nobel Prizes), Abram Hoffer, Carl Pfeiffer, and Paul Eck. Since 1982, just by following simple dietary and supplement guidelines, I have enjoyed excellent physical and emotional health and have never had cause to use any medications again, not even an aspirin. I'd be happy to share more of my experience with anyone interested. I have written a narrative of my history and have been keeping a log of my efforts to bring Orthomolecular Therapy to the attention of the VA and the DOD. Send an e-mail to me and I will send you back a copy.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi & Welcome to Hadit,

I looked at the link and although it talked all about this type of therapy...it never said what exactly it is...or what it exactly it is a person has to do.

I'm very, very skeptical of anything that claims a "cure" of PTSD because I've been around this PTSD block long enough to know that there isn't a cure for it....it's all about trying to learn to live with it.

But that's just me.

I'm glad that you've found something that works for you!

Edited by purple

Hi & Welcome to Hadit,

I haven't read your links yet...but I'm very skeptical of anything claiming to be a "cure" for PTSD as there isn't one. There may be things to lighten the symptoms from time to time...but to completely erase all of the symptoms????

I'll take a look. Thanks for the info.

Here's a true story that may help you understand why effective non-drug treatments are kept from the public, and conditions like "mental illness" and PTSD are declared incurable. It took the advent of WWII for the US Army to step in and insist that basic nutrients be added to soldiers' food to prevent Pellagra, which had been a scourge among the troops in WWI. Today, the Army is stepping in again with its own research project into the cause, treatment and prevention of PTSD. Many of the discoveries of the Orthomolecular Pioneers are being eveluated and incorporated.

http://history.nih.gov/exhibits/goldberger/

I would rather be cured than compensated. I just have my doubts.

That's a healthy attitude, Mike. "Trust no one!", that's the useful dictum we learned in the war, but many forgot once we returned. One good way to tell who is and who is not being truthful is to follow the money.