VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"just What Defines Mental Illness..."

Rate this topic

The man in this video, John Breeding, is a PHD psychologist with a private practice in Texas. A great deal of cutting-edge information about "mental disorders" is coming out of Texas now. Texas was the the first state to implement wide-spread drugging of children in the schools based on the theory that one in five Americans is seriously "mentally ill". It was called the TMAP program. It has failed, and worse, caused countless children to suffer needlessly, but TMAP has also spurred a revolution in thinking about just what is and what is not normal behavior, emotion, and reaction to stress and abuse.

Edited by Pete53

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The man in this video, John Breeding, is a PHD psychologist with a private practice in Texas. A great deal of cutting-edge information about "mental disorders" is coming out of Texas now. Texas was the the first state to implement wide-spread drugging of children in the schools based on the theory that one in five Americans is seriously "mentally ill". It was called the TMAP program. It has failed, and worse, caused countless children to suffer needlessly, but TMAP has also spurred a revolution in thinking about just what is and what is not normal behavior, emotion, and reaction to stress and abuse.

Sorry,

The subject should read "Just what defines mental illness..." I could not find any way to edit the post after it went up. Is there such a feature? Thanks Subvet416

• HadIt.com Elder

I watched this video and it looks a little more on the fringe than we usually deal with on Hadit. What is your reason for posting this Video? How does it help a Veteran with their claims>

Pete,

This has nothing to do with claims, it is general mental health consumer information. I received 100% P&T in 1980, after six very unpleasant years of drug "treatment", and it took me two more years to learn about orthomolecular therapy and finally recover. Given the choice, I would take recovery over the monthly payments and psychiatric drugs any day, no matter what it cost me.

As it turned out, after I recovered I was never called in for re-evaluation by either the VA or SSD. I presented myself on a number of occasions, but there was no interest in non-drug therapy. So if you have a service-connected pension for a "mental condition" now, you have nothing to fear financially from making a recovery with alternative treatment. If you make more than $900 per month from employment or self-employment, your SSD can be stopped, but you can deduct the cost of orthomolecular therapy, chiropractic care and other alternatives from your earnings as "reasonable and neccessary work related expenses". This way, you can earn the cost of your therapy and it will not affect SSD or the $900 per month you can earn on top of it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Subvet

You have nothing to fear from making a recovery from a 100% mental condition because you have been 100% for 20 years. Any other vet who is 100% for a mental condition and starts to work has plenty to fear from the VA.

John,

In 1982, my DAV Service Officer told me that if the VA ever tried to reduce my rating because of my recovery with orthomolecular therapy, the DAV would not rest until the VA made this therapy available to all veterans. If this had come to pass, I gladly would have given up all my "benefits" and would have been happy to do oil changes down in the pit at a Jiffy Lube for the rest of my life if that was the only work I could get.

For years, I have carried on a regular correspondence with Joy Ilem at DAV National Legislative Headquarters on the subject of the non-availability of orthomolecular therapy at the VA. There may be some developments in this area soon. Biological Psychiatry is intellectually and morally bankrupt, a pseudo-science that will collapse under the weight of its own lies. The distribution of psychiatric drugs has impaired our military, put our veterans lives at risk and poluted the "Seed Corps" of young Americans in the school systems, from which our future warriors must spring.