VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Med

Rate this topic

poolguy-

check on a site like WebMD for all of the potential side effects of this med. also google for "drug-drug interactions" and select a site and input all of your meds that you take and look for any adverse interactions. trust me, the VA doesn't tell you any of this. i've learned the hard way by becoming very sick.

btw--i took cymbalta once (for major depression) and it didn't help me at all.

check all of your meds...we vets have to help ourselves here as the VA won't do it.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, check for possible side effects and other drug intraction. I am taking Ambien-CR and Prazosin 1mg and only get 3-4 hrs sleep at night. Gonna ask doc for something new next visit.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cymbalt is a combination of welbutrin and prozac. Both of these drugs can cause insomnia at least when you first start taking it.

• HadIt.com Elder
poolguy-

check on a site like WebMD for all of the potential side effects of this med. also google for "drug-drug interactions" and select a site and input all of your meds that you take and look for any adverse interactions. trust me, the VA doesn't tell you any of this. i've learned the hard way by becoming very sick.

btw--i took cymbalta once (for major depression) and it didn't help me at all.

check all of your meds...we vets have to help ourselves here as the VA won't do it.

I think this is a big part of the problem that I am having, I currently take daily: clonazepam 2mgs, welbutrin 450mgs, 2,200mgs of gabapentin, and 40mgs baclofen on top of now cymbalta. The combined affect is the problem most likely.

• HadIt.com Elder

don't take that particular medication, but I can appreciate the effects. I've been in the insomnia club for many years, and it sux. I find it best just to get out of bed if I can't sleep. For the last several, when I actually do get some sleep, I have been having horrible nightmares. I can't make them stop.

• HadIt.com Elder
I think this is a big part of the problem that I am having, I currently take daily: clonazepam 2mgs, welbutrin 450mgs, 2,200mgs of gabapentin, and 40mgs baclofen on top of now cymbalta. The combined affect is the problem most likely.

POOLGUY, You just said the Magic word. Ask your VA Doc what Medicine is the next in line if you fail Balcofen which is a Muiscle relaxer.

Either a Tizanadine or a cyclobenzaprine. ( Both have to be approved because of expense but patient must have failed balcofen. Either of those meds will make you sleep. The VA dont like to give them out for long periods of time but it will help in the short term.

J