VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Convalesant

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

I figure Some-one On here had to have gone through this besides Me ..

How long Until VA pays Me the 100% rate for down Time after surgery?

Thanks

Macool

Edited by macool

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well...here we are, another Saturday. Will the mailman deliver the "magic" envelope today? I am in the second month of convalescence, and still waiting. My short term disability pays a whopping $125 a week. I'm doing all I can until the VA Eagle poops in my account.

I have Today Received the Important Reply Needed and VCCA Form ,The VARO wants the release form Signed and Returned with The VCAA election Form ,Also states I can Get the Info needed Myself ,Surgery Report I suppose.. I will be waiting how Long ?? I guess It is another Hurry Up and Wait......... I sent them all info needed With My application for 100% ..from my Surgey I was Given after the Procedure .. This is Another Stall Tactic..If they Ever Actully looked at things They would have seen the INFO there in front of them.. ...Worthless.... I could teach My dogs to do a better job..

Stall tactic??? C'mon, macool...we would never do that...

The letter is required by law. It does ask you for the same things that you already sent. Why? Because your VSR didn't take the time to clean up their letter. They may not care. Even so, we have to send that letter out. It is stupid, but it is required.

racemech: Have gotten a VCAA letter for paragraph 20or 30 benefits? Did you have surgery at a VA hospital?

Stall tactic??? C'mon, macool...we would never do that...

The letter is required by law. It does ask you for the same things that you already sent. Why? Because your VSR didn't take the time to clean up their letter. They may not care. Even so, we have to send that letter out. It is stupid, but it is required.

racemech: Have gotten a VCAA letter for paragraph 20or 30 benefits? Did you have surgery at a VA hospital?

Meddac,

Yes, I actually received that letter two days before my C&P Exam in Winston-Salem. My C&P Exam was for VA diagnosed and medicated hypertension related to my right nephrectomy. Coincidentally enough, my surgery to repair the surgical defect from the nephrectomy took place at VAMC Asheville the next day. The surgery was already scheduled, the C&P Exam was a suprise.

Meddac,

Yes, I actually received that letter two days before my C&P Exam in Winston-Salem. My C&P Exam was for VA diagnosed and medicated hypertension related to my right nephrectomy. Coincidentally enough, my surgery to repair the surgical defect from the nephrectomy took place at VAMC Asheville the next day. The surgery was already scheduled, the C&P Exam was a suprise.

The letter carries a 30 day DTA (duty to assist) with it, and a VCAA Notice Response. If you check the box that says you have no further evidence and return it (the Notice Response) thay will still wait the alloted 30 days. The only way around the 30 timeframe from that letter is to write in and specifically say that you waive your VCAA waiting period and you wish for them to move foward with your claim. Otherwise the law requires VA to wait.

Not sure what the C&P was for. It is kinda surprising that they would order that prior to the surgery. You are S/C for the condition that the surgery was for, right?

Meddac,

Yes, the surgery was S/C. The C&P was for hypertension that will be S/C also. I was originally 30% S/C for right nephrectomy. I was just officially diagnosed with hypertension back in November. The VA also found my abdominal wall herniated at the site of the original nephrectomy. Thus C&P for hypertension on 1/13/09 and surgery for hernia from surgical defect done 1/14/09. On a side note, I was diagnosed with hypertension prior to my original surgery from 1994 in service. I kept asking the VA physicians about it since my discharge in 1995, especially since I only have one kidney,and they replied that I was fine, until 4 months ago. Now I have a VA doctor that has diagnosed hypertension and prescribed medication. Once my current claims have settled, should I pursue retro?