VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lumbar Strain/pinched Nerve

Rate this question

Charlie_brown

Question

Hello all,

After returning from Iraq I saw a military doctor for pain in both my back and shoulder area. The doctor stated I had a lumbar strain and a pinched nerve under my right shoulder blade. The pinched nerve was due to heal on it's own per the doctor and I was given a listing of exercises to aide in the recovery of the lumbar strain. The pain noted as a pinched nerve is located under my right shoulder blade and depending on the activity sends sharp disabiling pains throughout my back. My initial rating for lumbar strain came back with a 0% rating. My lower back pain has gotten worse as well as my "pinched nerve" I am in the process of conducted a re-eval. I do not believe the "pinched nerve" was evaluated during the initial exam. But its hard to know since the eval doctor was a mute and offered little explanation on what he was having me do.

When i am scheduled for my re-eval what will the exam entail? Will the pinched nerve be evaluated separately than the lumbar strain? In other words will two different ratings be established?

Thanks for any help

Charlie Brown

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Did you have xrays of spine or possibly (hopefully) an MRI of the spine?? If so what did they find? Were diagnostic tests done by military, VA, or private physicians?? Also, did anyone examine the upper (cervical back/neck) in addition to the lower (lumbar) spine/back? Are they sure pinched nerve in the shoulder is not just referred pain from your upper (cervical) spine??