VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Range Of Motion And Another Question

Rate this question

rdnkjeeper

Question

Have a quick question about the C&P range of motion. Are you supposed to stop when you feel pain? What if the examiner asks if you can go farther, do you? Even though it hurts?

If the examiner misses some questions should you politely call him on it? My examiner acted like my best friend and screwed the heck out of me by his notes.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Have a quick question about the C&P range of motion. Are you supposed to stop when you feel pain? What if the examiner asks if you can go farther, do you? Even though it hurts?

If the examiner misses some questions should you politely call him on it? My examiner acted like my best friend and screwed the heck out of me by his notes.

I got as far as I can go then I say that's all your getting not to be mean but you are not crippling me to break records on my range of motion and when it hurts either you can't do it or you do it as far as you can but for my condition I stop as it goes in to the red or the pain gets worse because I am the one who has to live with the pain when I leave there and you remember they think you are a contortionist when you go in for your c&p. Yogg

Edited by yoggie2

Yes, take a check list with you a long with your wife or someone this is an attempt to keep them honest, also you must do the range of motion or they will fill in the blanks them selves and you wont like the results.....Just to add what I posted earlier....

Yes as a Joke I asked when the the feeling would return to my legs and it got very serious because he thought he had just hurt me badly and before I could tell him it was a joke he was gone to get a real doc to assist him because he thought he had screwed me up ROYALLY and when he got back with the Doc I explained it was a joke and the real Doc lost it. He was laughing so hard he had the giggles and couldn't even talk because the play doctor freaked.. Yog

Edited by yoggie2

I wasn't meaning to imply that I wouldn't do the test. I just went all the way even though I was in a lot of pain because I thought that is what I was supposed to do. My compliant was spine condition and he didn't ask me half the questions.

Thanks for the help. Have a private doctor appointment on the 11th and after that I will be filing a NOD, or request for reconsideration. Whatever it's called. B)

• HadIt.com Elder
Move as far as you can, but stop at the point of "real" pain. If they tell you to go farther, tell them to go to hell.

Good advise rentalguy1. I went out dancing Saturday night, for the first time in a year. Your post applies to me too.

Good luck on you NOD, rdnkjeeper.

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93