VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Timeframe For Rating Decision

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

Can anyone give me a general timeframe in which a rating decision can be expected after nexus has been established, medical evidence collected, and C&P exam completed and results recieved?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If the C and P is done and everything is in, It sould be as little as 3 weeks to 1 month.

I have also seen them take several months after the Exam.

If you have a good VSO, they are usually the first ones to find out. The see it before it leaves the Regional office.

So basically there is no definate answer as each claim is different.

J

Not sure which Regional Office you are dealing with, but your answers on here will vary greatly for that question. I know that in the RO where I work that our raters are scraping for claims that are "ready to rate". The decisions on smaller claims (1-3 issues) are usually done the day they hit the board. Larger claims (4+ issues) are taking a bit longer, but they are still not taking much more than a few days to a week to get a decision.

That is not always the case, however. It will pick up to the point that the raters take all of 60 days to render a decision. There have been a couple of new "pilot programs" that have recently been dropped on some of us or all of us developing cases (diagnostic code criteria and claimant checklists) that have eaten away at our time significantly in getting a case to the board.

Right now I am working "new" claims from Mid-December... I do have some older claims, but the number of those is about 25 right now, and they are claims "in progress". My overall number of claims right now is around 60 that are "new".

After the rating board decides your claim the representatives (VSO's) take a look at it to concur the decision. That can take up to a week or more. The claim then has to be promulgated, and the award is done (if any).

I worked an award last Wednesday, checked up on it today, and the money had already been sent out vis Direct Deposit. The veteran also has a brand new claim in as of Monday. That also slows things down a bit as I had just talked to him on the phone last Wednesday when I did his award. He was ecstatic about it ($14, 000+ retro and an increase from 30 to 80 percent).

Times will vary...I hope you are able to find out soon.

• HadIt.com Elder

Question, regards 'promulgate', just what does that mean? My rating was rated in December, dfas contacted and is now at VARO being 'promulgated'. I suspect it won't be long, just don't have a clear idea. Thanks for posting and nice to meet ya!.

Cg'up2009!

Not sure which Regional Office you are dealing with, but your answers on here will vary greatly for that question. I know that in the RO where I work that our raters are scraping for claims that are "ready to rate". The decisions on smaller claims (1-3 issues) are usually done the day they hit the board. Larger claims (4+ issues) are taking a bit longer, but they are still not taking much more than a few days to a week to get a decision.

That is not always the case, however. It will pick up to the point that the raters take all of 60 days to render a decision. There have been a couple of new "pilot programs" that have recently been dropped on some of us or all of us developing cases (diagnostic code criteria and claimant checklists) that have eaten away at our time significantly in getting a case to the board.

Right now I am working "new" claims from Mid-December... I do have some older claims, but the number of those is about 25 right now, and they are claims "in progress". My overall number of claims right now is around 60 that are "new".

After the rating board decides your claim the representatives (VSO's) take a look at it to concur the decision. That can take up to a week or more. The claim then has to be promulgated, and the award is done (if any).

I worked an award last Wednesday, checked up on it today, and the money had already been sent out vis Direct Deposit. The veteran also has a brand new claim in as of Monday. That also slows things down a bit as I had just talked to him on the phone last Wednesday when I did his award. He was ecstatic about it ($14, 000+ retro and an increase from 30 to 80 percent).

Times will vary...I hope you are able to find out soon.