VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Timeframe For Rating Decision

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

Can anyone give me a general timeframe in which a rating decision can be expected after nexus has been established, medical evidence collected, and C&P exam completed and results recieved?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the reply, got the definition, smiles, just wondering if VA promulgating means anything a bit more specific- maybe, getting any more signatures, pushing the 'Go' button at DFAS and adding initials and a stamp to the SOC envelope?

Have a good one,

Cg'up2009!

2 a: to make known or public the terms of (a proposed law) b: to put (a law) into action or force

That is Websters definition. Yours shouldn't take long if that is all that is left.

Thanks for the reply, got the definition, smiles, just wondering if VA promulgating means anything a bit more specific- maybe, getting any more signatures, pushing the 'Go' button at DFAS and adding initials and a stamp to the SOC envelope?

Have a good one,

Cg'up2009!

Signatures....no. The signatures are already done. The person doing your award will have to sign it, but that is pretty small.

Pushing the 'GO' button at DFAS...no. DFAS is usually something that we are waiting on...sometimes for hours or days.

Stamp on the SOC envelope...no, again. That says to me that you have an Appeal pending. They are a bit slower because of the volume of work, but promulgation time would be the same.

Sorry, my lady, no magic behind the word. Like I said...depends on the RO that has your claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the BVA grants service connection, do they just send it back to the VRO for the rating work, or do they decide that?

If the BVA grants service connection, do they just send it back to the VRO for the rating work, or do they decide that?

When BVA makes a decision they send a copy of the court transcript to the veteran and to the VARO. The Regional office Appeals team then carries out that decision. It's a "172 Grant", and there are timelines that the RO has to work the decision. The veteran will usually receive the decision before the RO does, but depending on the Appeals team, it can be dealt with in an expediant and timely manner.

Good question. Used to be my position actually...to review the BVA decision and establish the grant in our system. The Appeals team has their own raters on staff to carry out the decision.